1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Testing 2

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by Rott Weiler, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Lead commenter Forum guide

Wondered if you could post a thread with no content. Answer no, you get this.

upload_2015-9-14_10-45-35.png

2. Rott Weiler

3. Rott Weiler

Post #2 originally read this
    upload_2015-9-14_10-50-48.png

But in practice you can Delete as there's no minimum amount ot text a message must contained. It was quite happy for me Edit Post #2 to delete everything and replace it with a single full stop.

4. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

@Rott Weiler

Is your avatar acting screwy or did you change it between posts 2&3?

5. Rott Weiler

No I haven't changed it. It looks the same to me?

6. Vince_Ulam

This is how I see post #3:

[​IMG]

7. Rott Weiler

So do I now.

Yes I did change my Avatar, but I made the change last Friday evening - I posted about it here

@Spiritwalkerness replied that there was previously a delay between changing the avatar in your profile and the change appearing in the forums. That must be what's happened here - a delay of nearly 3 days!

8. Vince_Ulam

You did not see the difference in post #3 before you placed post #5? I'm just curious as to whether my view was updated before yours, which would be strange. I've seen the doggie in the jacket all weekend.

9. Rott Weiler

Vince, when I posted #3 my avatar hadn't changed, still the cute puppy face. It was only when I came back 30 mins later that the avatar had changed to dog in jacket. A small difference in site refresh times I could understood, but all weekend! Another mystery.