1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Testbase

Discussion in 'Primary' started by sunshine114, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Hi
    I'm just looking into subscribing to Testbase and I was wondering if anyone knew if there were materials for year 3-5, or if it is solely past SATs papers? I'm particularly looking at the reading resources as I know the maths are by level (so applicable across year groups).
    Many thanks

2. Hi
    I'm just looking into subscribing to Testbase and I was wondering if anyone knew if there were materials for year 3-5, or if it is solely past SATs papers? I'm particularly looking at the reading resources as I know the maths are by level (so applicable across year groups).
    Many thanks

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

We subscribe to KS1 and KS2. There is material for all year groups. And you can sort by level or by year group.

4. That's fantastic, thank you! It must just be the demo that is limited for obvious reasons.

5. SleighBelle

SleighBelle Occasional commenter

It's a database of all the Year 6 past SATs papers and KS2 optional tests for reading, writing, maths and mental maths.
    You can search fairly easily, by school year, test year, level, assessment focus or subject strand. We use it during the revision programme with Year 6 for independent writing opportunities (often changing the prompt to suit our topic/theme) and end each week in maths with about 20 questions ranging from Level 3 to Level 6, all based around whatever our maths focus was (e.g. data handling).
    It's possible to collate a series of questions, convert to a rich-text Word document and edit to suit your children. You can also print out a 'mark scheme' based on the chosen questions. I don't tend to use the reading resources as much as it's a bit of a faff printing out the reading booklets and you can't pick and choose appropriate questions as easily as the maths.
    Hope this helps! We use it a lot for Year 6 and it's always reliable and easy to use.

6. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

We use the questions in maths a lot for plenaries.

Reading it is good to print out just some of the questions or the booklet, if you want a shorter task.

Writing, some year groups use for Big Writing tasks.

In KS1, we use it mainly for maths plenaries.