1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Test/ Exam making Software- do you use it?

Discussion in 'Assessment' started by DannyB2k1, May 30, 2017.

1. DannyB2k1

DannyB2k1 New commenter

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to introduce some test/exam making software to my school. Does your school use it? If so what is it? The Pros and Cons?
    I've a few on my radar but interested to see if anyone uses them at their school.
    I remember one when I was in the UK we used a software that put GCSE Bio past questions together, with formatting and marks and mark scheme.

TIA :)

Daniel

2. ScienceGuy

ScienceGuy Occasional commenter

I regularly use Exam pro to produce exams / question sets for AQA science GCSE and OCR exam creator fir A level Biology / Chemistry.

Both are very useful in the production of assessment material. The only issue I have had has been when colleague used it to give practice questions to her A level Biology group which included every possible question I could use for that part of the next assessment.

3. aslancaster

aslancaster New commenter

I use testbase and exampro in science to make end of topic tests etc. It's very useful and saves a lot of time. You can rationalise the cost as well as I think certain packages include maths and English, too.
    One of the new features allows you to share the questions online with students for them to do at home.

Be aware though, as you sound as if you are also teaching internationally, that they are very UK/AQA specific. The style of questioning is very different from the IGCSE style. There are no multiple choice questions, either - which students need practice at for Paper 1 CIE.

Hope this helps.