1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Tesco vouchers - argh!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by latinaid, May 11, 2011.

1. I hoped the scales would solve the counting problem, but I find that the Tesco vouchers are so flimsy that you can be out by quite a few and the weight stays the same. I can't see how they can possibly check the counting - our school will be sending in around 20,000 vouchers, and I'm sure many others will be in the same ballpark. I'm so tempted to include loads of bits of paper cut to the right size, with a real voucher at the top and bottom of the pile- they'd never notice, would they?!

2. We put a note on the newsletter and ask for parent volunteers to come in and count them! (someone always volunteers a bit of time and saves us a job!) I dont envy you having th job of counting them all!

3. Milgod

Milgod Established commenter

We just get the Y6 children to count as one of their 'jobs'. We had about 18 volunteer.

4. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

I sat with about 8 y6 kids this morning, they were in for a pre-SATs breakfast club we run - makes sure all the lids are there, have been fed and pre-settled. We counted 2000 in 20 minutes, same yesterday.
    As to frustrations with Tesco site, agree with others, give them a bit of time.