1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Tesco school vouchers anyone?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lapinrose, Mar 27, 2011.

1. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Do what I do, give them to friends or neighbours with school aged children.

2. SleighBelle

SleighBelle Occasional commenter

We don't have a local Tesco so don't collect them, but we do get a lot of Sainsbury's vouchers. Last year we bought tagtail belts and tails and portable tennis nets and rackets. The year before, we got a set of child-size athletic equipment (bikes, rowing machines, steps and weights) to do circuits. The year before that, we got a table tennis table!
    If you don't have a school to give them to, how about finding your local school to drop them into? Or ask on here- I'm sure someone would gladly take them off your hands.

3. I'll have them! I get to spend them on ICT equipment at our school, though last year we could afford nothing of value so had to roll them over to this year to see if we get enough.

4. Iit took 3 years of me carrying them over to get anything worthwhile! We only have a Tesco express near us, so don't tend to receive many vouchers.

5. henriette

henriette New commenter

Send them to me! - I'll PM you with my address if you like!

6. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

This is interesting. I wonder whether Tesco would consider allowing us to collect the vouchers electronically and nominate a school they could be used by. It would cut out the cost of printing them so they then up the value of them. Every little helps, you know.

7. I got a row from the checkout lady in our local Tesco (same staff from the Co-op it was before Tesco bought them out) for saying 'no' to the school vouchers as she knows I teach...
    Are they more for primary, those vouchers?

8. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

You are very welcome to them, and if you want to PM your address I don't mind sending them on to you. I don't have very many of them at the moment though, although there were quite a number on the top of my work computer I'd collected from fuel purchases before I left. I gather there are personal effects awaiting collection and these may have been saved or not by whoever cleared my desk.
    I tried googling "Tesco suggestion box" to see whether my idea of saving them electronically could be made. I was led immediately to the vouchers for schools site but it seems you have to be a school to make any suggestions. Some of you ought to do it if they really are useful to you. They have no purpose for me but I'm happy to help if I can, and there's probably a lot like me who are more than happy to help schools out through their shopping and wish to make Tesco live up to the advertising slogan. They have my clubcard number, so it ought to be very simple for them to administer whenever I shop.

9. cariad2

cariad2 New commenter

We get loads of stuff from our vouchers - mainly ICT from Tesco's and mainly sports from Sainsburys. A lot of our smaller shops, GP surgery and other local businesses have boxes collecting for various local schools. If you can't use the vouchers and don't have friends or neighbours that would want them, then you'll probably find a box somewhere that you can pop them into.