1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

@TES_Rosaline Could we please have an explanation of the new award system?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Lascarina, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

Are signatures still being/going to be awarded? Why have people been demoted? Could we have a chart showing exactly what status and awards are available now for what number of posts and 'likes'?

finisterre_277 and catmother like this.
  2. Jude Fawley

Jude Fawley Star commenter

There's no benefit to any poster in all this.

You're just basically being used as data.

harsh-but-fair likes this.
  3. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

All the more reason why an explanation should be forthcoming!;)

4. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Yes TES_Rosaline...................gimme back my star!!!!

JL48 and finisterre_277 like this.
  5. xena-warrior

xena-warrior Star commenter

It continues to amaze me how quickly Nanny appears if someone says "Poo", yet how long it takes to answer a simple question.
    Priorities, i suppose. Appearance of propriety over any interest in posters.

6. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

Or perhaps there comes a point in the evening where staff are allowed to finish work and go home?

Noja, lizziescat and sabrinakat like this.
  7. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

To be fair, I expect there is a hierarchy of priorities, which begin with dealing with reported posts. If there were fewer trigger-happy "posters", we might find there's more time available to Rosaline to answer questions about points and trophies.

I put posters in inverted commas, because anyone can click on the report button, even if they they rarely, if ever post. A complaint has to be investigated, whether justified or spurious.

Section 20 of the InterWeb Forum Act 2006 requires web forum operators to run discussion forums in a manner consistent with the laws of the land and to protect the vulnerable from abuse. The nature of a complaint about a post might not be obvious until a team of solicitors has examined all conceivable implications of either letting the post remain or withdrawing it.

GLsghost likes this.
  8. GLsghost

GLsghost Star commenter

"As amended", remember. You'll have @Crowbob doing one of his "Ahems"!

finisterre_277 and Duke of York like this.
  9. Yoda-

Yoda- Lead commenter

10. xena-warrior

xena-warrior Star commenter

Yesterday at 12.50 until now provides quite a few working hours.

finisterre_277 and Lascarina like this.
  11. emilystrange

it wasn't specified which questions, and there are several in the OP... which was posted after 6pm.

12. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

If there exists a list of 'post' and 'like' numbers required for a particular status surely it would be the work of a moment for it to be posted on the forum for our information. And actually it would have made more sense to have posted it before people were demoted. The OP here was posted after work hours but I had already asked the question yesterday. I don't think it's too much to ask. We aren't puppets. We are people.

finisterre_277 likes this.
  13. Sillow

Sillow Lead commenter

In the thread in the Welcome forum, @TES_Rosaline just said that yes, the points had changed and they may change again in the future. She had a chance to explain what all these points mean, and why some people were demoted, but chose not to take it.

My guess is they're just making it up as they go along and aren't really bothered that they're actually frustrating real life people. That's the problem with the Internet; pretend stars take on more importance and you can do what you like to people but don't actually have to deal with them face-to-face.

14. cuteinpuce

cuteinpuce Star commenter

I'd quite like a sticker.

15. emilystrange

is it worth all this effort of bothering about it?
    why would you take the time to be frustrated by a points system?
    maybe there are more pressing matters to attend to? neither you nor i know what's on @TES_Rosaline's desk to get done. i suspect this is at the bottom of the list?

lizziescat and cuteinpuce like this.
  16. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Exactly why several posters have been asking what the new criteria were. Apparently,we are not allowed to know.

17. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Because it seems to exist but we're not allowed to understand how it works?

Lascarina and finisterre_277 like this.
  18. emilystrange

i don't know how it works either but tbh it's not really worth the fuss it's causing.

19. Sillow

Sillow Lead commenter

Yep, it is silly. But I've been using TES forums for around 9 years. It was fine the way it was; we didn't have points and everything ticked over just great. But about eight years after I joined, TES have invented this system and keep changing it which is bound to cause confusion and frustration. Why have points at all? Why keep changing how many people have? And why not actually tell any of us what it all means?

If @TES_Rosaline has more important things to do, then TES need to stop changing points and awards and signatures and commenter statuses until such time as they can take time to explain to the supposed million users exactly what it's all about.

Lascarina and finisterre_277 like this.
  20. emilystrange

i've been here that long too, and it's not causing me any frustration or confusion! i'm not sure why it should. it's just an extra that's probably just being tried out and may or may not be dropped at some point.
    it isn't changing the reasons we're all here.

RedQuilt likes this.