1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TES Weekend Workshops - Winning That Teaching Job & Moving into Headship or SLT - Saturday 26th November

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by TES_Careers, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Due to high demand our top two workshops will be available once again before Christmas:

Winning That Teaching Job - successful applications and interview tips - www.tesweekendworkshop74.eventbrite.com
    Moving Into Headship or SLT? - getting the application right, what to expect from the 2-day interview process and interview techniques - www.tesweekendworkshop75.eventbrite.com
    For any further help please contact advice@tes.co.uk
    For the full TES Weekend Workshop programme please visit: www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

It's the 26th November, a weekend, and I believe that my colleague Prof John Howson of the Career Clinic is leading it, so should be good!
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Getting nearer the time, so here are the directions for getting there.
    Stage 1: Get to London. If you're walking, probably best to start straight away. [​IMG]
    Stage 2: Get to Holborn - best on the tube, but from Waterloo you can get a bus - when you go pout of the station (the Tennison way exit), it's the last bus stop on the left - they all go to Holborn.
    Stage 3 Get from Holborn to Red Lion Square:
    On the bus, if you have come from Waterloo you get off at Holborn Station, near Boots. Walk up the road to Sainsbury's, cross the roaf towards the tube station, and then go along High Holborn, and follow directions below.
    The only possible spot for getting lost is if you arrive at Holborn Tube Station, which has 2 exits.
    You need the exit on High Holborn. Leave the station, turn right along that pavement and walk for 100 yards until you see Waitrose on your right. On the other side of the road you will see a large sort of arch - basically it's a big block of offices where the road goes through.
    Cross the road by the crossing nearest to Waitrose (please wait for the Green Man - the traffic can be fierce there), go up the road under the arch and in 200 m you will see Red Lion Square on your right. Go to the second entrance to the square, by the Boris bikes, and the TSL building is along on the left towards the end.
    Hope you have a good time!
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

This is the last one this term, so it's now or never . . .
    Best wishes