1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TES Weekend Workshop - Winning That Teaching Job - Saturday 2nd April

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by BelleDuJour, Mar 23, 2011.

1. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

I've been to one of these seminars. Well worth it but I've still to get a job, even an interview but I feel much more positive now.
    My problem (like many on supply) is I am too expensive [​IMG]

2. Yet more patronising, intellectually insulting and dishonest nonsense from the TES!
    One big moneyspinner...all so unnecessary.

3. Attendance at £55! A total waste of time and money...scaremongering bull......!

4. BelleDuJour

Utter rubbish!
    I've attended and I thought I knew how to write a job app but I learned so much from this course.
    I had an interview the following week, used the strategies I learnt and was congratulated on how well I interviewed! There was a very good reason I wasn't appointed, and it's nothing to do with my application or performance.
    Don't be so hasty to rubbish something when you've no idea what you're talking about.

5. "...Don't be so hasty to rubbish something when you've no idea what you're talking about..." ??
    Do you work for TES?

6. Just out of interest, i followed up the link to these 'seminars' and left my e-mail address for further details. No response.

7. BelleDuJour

Isn't that an oxymoron?
    Right....here goes.
    I've been applying for jobs and got no-where. Thought I knew how to write an application as I've got 16 years' experience. Was doubtful the seminar would help but fancied a trip to London so off I went.
    I was surprised how the job market and application process really has changed. The people running the course are experts in marketing (you have to sell yourself) and in sitting on the very selection panels I/we are trying to get on to!
    I had an interview in the bag before the seminar. It was not done through the 'normal' routes but that's another strory, so my written application was of little consequence. I was not appointed for a very good reason but was told how wwell, perfectly in fact, I had interviewed. This was all down to my preparation following the seminar.
    I've since applied the techniques and strategies from the seminar to my applications and yesterday was interviewed and appointed to a dream job in a dream school. The school told me my paper application was superb, and my interview was outstanding.
    This was down to what I learnt in the seminar.
    Maybe Trickster, just maybe, that is why I've now succeeded and you, maybe, have not.
    I have other evidence to prove the usefulness of the seminar but feel nothing I can say will convince you.