1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TES Weekend Workshop - Moving into Headship or SLT - Saturday 18 June

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by TES_Careers, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Planning to move into Headship or a Senior Leadership Team?
    ...then you will need to know all about how the interview structure differs from your experience to date, the common pitfalls, how to make yourself stand out from the crowd and what to expect from the normal 2 day Leadership interview assessment procedure.
    This half day seminar available in London on Saturday 18th June, 2011, with presentations by TheoGriff and TES Prime, will include:

1) How to get short listed
    2) What to expect at a Headteacher or Senior Leadership Team interview
    3) How to shine as the Headteacher or SLT interview
    Last year, 40% of Primary and Special School Headships and 28% of Secondary Headships were re-advertised because no suitable candidate applied. Or perhaps because suitable candidates did not present themselves as suitable. Attending our workshop won't guarantee you a job, but it will show you how to present your strengths and address the key points that Governors are looking for in a Head, Deputy or Assistant Head, so that you stand out from the competition.

£75 including VAT and registration fee

TheoGriff: With nearly 40 years of teaching under his belt, many years as the head of a large HMC independent school and nearly 20 years in senior management, TheoGriff draws on a wealth of experience on all aspects of job seeking and does consultancy for schools looking to appoint Senior Leaders.
    Comments from previous attendees:
    · Excellent, a really good and worthwhile use of half a Saturday
    · Very useful and informative, good opportunities were allowed to reflect
    · I thoroughly enjoyed the sessions, can't wait to put them into practice
    · Extremely useful, great, thanks!
    · Very focussed and practical. Course leaders inspired confidence, lots of practical suggestions.
    To register please visit: www.tesweekendworkshop29.eventbrite.com
    You may also be interested in our TES Weekend Workshop on Interview Coaching on Sunday 26th June. For more information please visit: www.tesweekendworkshop35.eventbrite.com

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

One of the seminars is already full, I think, but there are still some places on the other.
    People are contacting us to tell us about getting jobs after the seminars:
    Dear Theo - I got the job!
    • Good news, I managed to secure an Assistant Headteacher post yesterday.
    • I am so glad that I attended the 'Moving into Headship' course - fantastic timing and great advice.
    • I was at the 'Moving into Headship' seminar and we spoke about my imminent interview. I thought I'd let you know that I was successful! My first interview for Headship, so I'm obviously delighted. The course was very very useful.
    www.tesweekendworkshop29.eventbrite.com