1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TES Weekend Workshop - Interview Technique - Saturday 17th September

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by TES_Careers, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Always the runner-up and never the winner?
    Many an excellent school leader or classroom teacher just does not do him or herself justice in interview situations, and so, time after time, is the runner-up in job interviews. How can you improve your performance in stressful interview situations, showcase your skills and experience, give a thoroughly professional impression and persuade the panel that it is in their interest to appoint you?
    The TES interview technique workshop on Saturday 17th September offers a half-day (2.5 hours) session, as part of a small group, to help you prepare for that important interview.
    For more information and to register please visit: www.tesweekendworkshop53.eventbrite.com or visit advice@tes.co.uk
    Also available - Winning That Teaching Job - Saturday 24th September - Please visit www.tesweekendworkshop48.eventbrite.com

2. Always the runner-up and never the winner?
    Many an excellent school leader or classroom teacher just does not do him or herself justice in interview situations, and so, time after time, is the runner-up in job interviews. How can you improve your performance in stressful interview situations, showcase your skills and experience, give a thoroughly professional impression and persuade the panel that it is in their interest to appoint you?
    The TES interview technique workshop on Saturday 17th September offers a half-day (2.5 hours) session, as part of a small group, to help you prepare for that important interview.
    For more information and to register please visit: www.tesweekendworkshop53.eventbrite.com or visit advice@tes.co.uk
    Also available - Winning That Teaching Job - Saturday 24th September - Please visit www.tesweekendworkshop48.eventbrite.com

3. £110 for 2.5 hours!!!!!!!

come on!

4. MayKasahara

MayKasahara New commenter

One month's Job Seekers Allowance (Contributions Based) = £270
    One month's NQT salary= £1799
    I know from recent personal experience that finances can be difficult when you're not working but even when you take off the tax, NI and cost of the workshop it still made sense to me!

5. Dear Laa2laa,
    The price of the course is very carefully considered to give a small group (on this occasion a maximum of 6 people) the chance to get the same kind of help with interview technique and good practice that is available through our 1-2-1 service but who cannot afford these dedicated sessions (www.tes.co.uk/one-to-one and www.tes.co.uk/interviewcoaching). By keeping the group small there is time for personal questions and help including mock interviews. Many of our previous attendees have written to tell us that since attending the workshop their confidence and their ability to showcase their talents has improved immensely and as a consequence they have since been successful at interview.
    If we can offer any further information or help please contact us on advice@tes.co.uk
    Regards,
    TES Careers Advice Service

6. Is there a workshop like this in the west or are they just run in London?

7. dominant_tonic

dominant_tonic Established commenter

I was wondering that too. I have seen a few I would loke to go to, but £100plus for the train and the course fee on top,when on JSA makes it impossible. Oh well. Maybe they will branch out, but I guess it depends on the interest shown whether it is financially viable for them. Hiring of venue, paying staff to get there etc, all adds up their end I suppose.
    Still glad I don't live in London though [​IMG]