1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TES Straight to Teaching application form help

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by neddyw, May 11, 2019.

1. neddyw

neddyw New commenter

Hi,
    I'm in the process of filling out my application form for TES and am confused by what they mean as a term. Do they mean an academic year or September to Xmas? For example,it asks for the start date of your employment and then you select how many terms with 6+ being the most. But further down it asks for your experience in working with groups and the most you can have is 4 terms.
    Any suggestions?

2. fritchie77

fritchie77 New commenter

Hello, I'm also confused by the form. I take a term to mean autumn, spring and summer term. It is strange that some are 4 and some are 6, I agree. I am confused by the difference between independently teaching and cover teaching. I have been providing PPA cover for 2 years, so 4 days a week I am the TA and then 1 day a week I am there while the teacher is out of class, therefore I am the one doing whole class teaching that day. Is that classed as cover or independent teaching?

3. Wotton

Wotton Lead commenter

Are you planning the lessons you deliver on that day or following those planned by the class teacher?