1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TES Shop

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by Goodeyedeers, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Goodeyedeers

Goodeyedeers New commenter

Is anyone else playing with this? It seems like a great idea but it is still having its teething problems. I've worked on ours but not yet quite sure how to let people know where it is. (I've presently got a request out to Gabe at TES Help and when I get a reply I will share it with this forum.)

I will be interested to look at other sellers 'Shops' to see how they are setting them out.

2. TheGingerTeacher

TheGingerTeacher Established commenter Forum guide and community helper

I had a brief look but as I have to go back to my email to follow the link every time I haven't given it much attention. I expect it will be similar to *** but as the page rarely loads I'll wait until it works properly before playing with it!

3. Goodeyedeers

That was one of the issues I raised with the TES Help team. Hopefully they can quickly sort it out. I'm optimistic - but then I've always been an optimistic soul!!

4. Goodeyedeers

Seems 'The Shop' is only available, at the moment, on the US site.

5. TheGingerTeacher

Oh that explains why it is so hard to find!

6. TheGingerTeacher

I see there is a link to the shop now. I still not really looked properly at it. So now that we can find our own shops how do other people find it or is it only with a link back to it?

(Did that make sense? It did in my head)

My shop << I just figured out how to do this lol

7. JaquesJaquesLiverot

JaquesJaquesLiverot Established commenter

I don't understand why the picture needs to be so big - it's about half the height of the available page height on my standard-sized laptop.

It's also started showing both UK and US versions (i.e. apparent duplicates) in the default view. It might also be nice if it didn't repeat the "featured resources"!

8. TheGingerTeacher

The whole thing is a bit too buggy and annoying for me at the moment...

9. TheGingerTeacher

10. JaquesJaquesLiverot

JaquesJaquesLiverot Established commenter

People go to the "Shop" if they look in Resources and click on your name rather than the name of the resource. That's how I first found the shop (before the link appeared) - by accident.

I think it's strange that it asks for a description for your "Featured Resources", but then doesn't use it anywhere. Similarly, the "Shop description" appears as "About the author", which isn't really the same thing.

11. Goodeyedeers

OK - so last week I could edit my shop and today I can't! What am I doing wrong?

12. TheGingerTeacher

I guess this things take time to iron out all the bugs but it is frustrating! Is it working for you now?

13. TheGingerTeacher

I am still struggling with the shop and I also find it frustrating that you cannot follow people with a shop now.

If I click on a name and the person has a shop I get taken to their shop and there is no way to follow them. If I click on a name of a person that hasn't made their shop yet I get taken to their account page and I can follow them easily.

14. iGCSE101

iGCSE101 New commenter

oooh lucky I read this and went into the shop feature! I just saw that I can add a little FB and twitter icon to my shop. That looks nice! If you guys find out how to follow people that would be good too.....I sometimes loose track of lessons I wanted to get!