1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TES Resources - Can't Open Them

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by eoinneil, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Hi!
    Just wondering if someone can help or has had a similair problem.
    I have been trying to download some of the resources of the TES website, however the only format I am able to read is PDF.
    When it come to opening a Word or PowerPoint Document, Microsoft Office says it cannot open the file. Can anybody explain why this is and what a possible solution could be.
    I am running Microsoft Office 2010 Professional on a Computer with Window 7 Home Premium.
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    Yours
    Eoin N.

2. Hi!
    Just wondering if someone can help or has had a similair problem.
    I have been trying to download some of the resources of the TES website, however the only format I am able to read is PDF.
    When it come to opening a Word or PowerPoint Document, Microsoft Office says it cannot open the file. Can anybody explain why this is and what a possible solution could be.
    I am running Microsoft Office 2010 Professional on a Computer with Window 7 Home Premium.
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    Yours
    Eoin N.

3. This may be your problem. Most of the resources will be made on Office 2007 or earlier. Not sure if you can change the file type so that it is a compatible file or how to open it in another program but I would guess that this is the problem.
    JSY x

4. It should'nt matter that the resources have been created in Office 2007, as Office 2010 can read 2007 documents as they are in the same format.

5. I have contacted TES before directly, but the only solution they could come up with was to directly e-mail me the documents.
    Which will be a bit of a pest for both parties.
    Surely I am not the only user with this problem!!

6. Hi
    This is not an issue with our site but with the software you have. May I suggest you contact Microsoft?

7. Why do you prosume it is a problem with the Software. I am able to download documents from other sites and they open fine - it is just files that are located on this website that I cannot open.

8. If you haven't already, could you please send examples to the team resources@tes.co.uk? Thanks.

9. Hi!
    Thought I should let you know that i e-mailed the above address, yesterday and mared the message for your attentions!

10. Just to let you know, for some reason I can now access resources!