1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TES resource error - help!

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by thankgodforholidays, Apr 30, 2017.

1. thankgodforholidays

thankgodforholidays New commenter

hi

I made an error on a resource I posted. I've had a buyer purchase it and they are, understandably, upset.

I'm trying to find out how I can send them a free copy of the correct resource. The only way I seem to be able to communicate with them is through the review they left.

Can anyone help?

2. CurriculumForAutism

CurriculumForAutism Occasional commenter

You can upload the corrected version of your resource & then the buyer can download it again.

mathsmutt likes this.
  3. mathsmutt

mathsmutt Star commenter

Can you initiate a conversation?
    (Click on name and see if option to start conversation appears.)

4. mrajlong

mrajlong Established commenter

You've done all you can really. Hopefully, the buyer will contact you and you can sort this out. I've had a couple of bad reviews because of technical issues. I have made contact with the buyer through email and they have been more than happy for the review to be removed (technical issues were not my fault)! Worth asking Tes to try and get in contact with them again...

5. thankgodforholidays

Unfortunately, not that kind of error. I misnamed a resource, suggesting it had "Romeo and Juliet" and "An Inspector Calls" in it. In actual fact, it's "Romeo and Juliet" and "Jekyll and Hyde."

The "An Inspector Calls" resource is a separate one as it's for a different exam paper.

6. thankgodforholidays

I only have the name in the review and it's not clickable. Is there a way to search for a TES user?

Thanks.

7. marlin

marlin Star commenter

You can start a conversation with them. Click on your avatar in the top right of your screen to reveal the drop down menu.
    upload_2017-5-1_9-25-23.png

This will take you to this page:

upload_2017-5-1_9-26-28.png

Click on Start a New Conversation and enter the posters name in the box.

upload_2017-5-1_9-27-22.png

The poster who left the review has not been active in the forums at all - so I've no idea how regularly they visit the site, or if they would see your message.

Sending an alert via the @ symbol ( eg @thankgodforholidays ) is another way - but only if they check their alerts.

Have you emailed TES for help? From the resource info page: Contact the author team at authors@tes.com

8. mathsmutt

mathsmutt Star commenter

9. marlin

marlin Star commenter

mathsmutt likes this.
  10. thankgodforholidays

Thanks, Marlin.

I've started a conversation so hopefully she'll see it. The exam is in June so the sooner she gets the correct resource the better for her.

I really appreciate the help!

marlin likes this.
  11. thankgodforholidays

PS I did email TES and they gave the conversation help... so if she doesn't see it, I'm stuffed.

marlin likes this.
  12. marlin

marlin Star commenter

You're welcome. :)
    You've done your best @thankgodforholidays . Hopefully she will see either the Conversation or the reply on the resource page and get in touch with you.

mathsmutt likes this.
  13. jessfarhadian

jessfarhadian New commenter

Hello!! I couldn't get to TES conversations either!! I've gone and paid the £2 for the Inspector Calls resource anyway before I saw your reply. Is there any way you can refund me? Don't worry if not, my fault for not checking back on the review.