1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TES paid resources need a separate area!!!

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by Pogsley, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Pogsley

Pogsley New commenter

As a secondary Science teacher, I've been an avid user of TES resources since I was a student teacher 10 years ago. I have downloaded many files and have submitted around 30 resources myself, one of which was TES recommended. Of late, I have become weary of having to sift through many paid resources to find free ones. Would it not be better to have an opt out option where we can filter out the resources that we have to pay for? I gladly submit work that I feel can save other hard-working teachers some time and help enthuse their students. I do not want any payment for this as it breaks the community spirit of the whole site and I do not want to purchase additional resources to perpetuate the problem.

2. Owen134866

Owen134866 New commenter

I don't mind other people charging for their work, but agree there should be a filter which teachers can use in this way. There used to be one when paid resources were first introduced, but it was removed.

3. tesAuthorTeam

tesAuthorTeam Administrator Staff Member TES Authors' forum host

Hi @Pogsley & @Owen134866

Thank you for raising your concerns and your suggestions. Your feedback is very important to us, so we're really glad you took the time to post.

It's great to hear that you're a free resource contributor @Pogsley and although following feedback from teachers we do now give authors the option to charge for their hard work, we do still fully appreciate the importance of our free resources platform to our global teaching community. You can therefore rest assured that our current and future plans will always involve supporting the continuation of free sharing as well as selling in the marketplace. We feel it is crucial to continue this for the future of the site and the TES Community.

As you may not be aware, we do already have a 'Sort by' function at the top of a search results page, which allows you to choose 'Lowest Price'. This will ensure that any free and lowest priced premium resources surface first in the results list.

However, as our developers are always looking at ways to improve the site functions for all, we will of course forward your suggestions directly. If you have any further suggestions or feedback, please don't hesitate to get in touch again.

4. JaquesJaquesLiverot

JaquesJaquesLiverot Established commenter

It doesn't appear if you just select a topic, though - if I select Computing and then Binary, for example, I only see paid-for resources, and don't get the option to sort unless I click on the rather discreet View more related resources link. What is the purpose of the additional step?

Owen134866 likes this.