1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TES: Often rubbish for resrouces

Discussion in 'Primary' started by adonai, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Fellow teachers,
    If like me you're frustrated by opening initially promising sounding resources only to find another dull word list that you could have typed yourself in 30 seconds with the telly on, then I have a potential solution.
    Simply use Google Images and type in your desired topic and format, e.g. "types of forces posters". You'd be amazed at the results you can actually verify with your own eyes before plaguing your computer with irrelevant ****.

2. Fellow teachers,
    If like me you're frustrated by opening initially promising sounding resources only to find another dull word list that you could have typed yourself in 30 seconds with the telly on, then I have a potential solution.
    Simply use Google Images and type in your desired topic and format, e.g. "types of forces posters". You'd be amazed at the results you can actually verify with your own eyes before plaguing your computer with irrelevant ****.

3. cariad2

cariad2 New commenter

What an insulting post.
    I use the Resource Bank a lot. Some of the resources are fantastic, and I use them in class. Others aren't what I'm looking for, but even if a resource isn't very exciting, I still appreciate the fact that somebody has taken the time to share them with others.
    btw, I notice that you've only shared 3 resources yourself. Maybe you should share a few more of your (presumably brilliant) resources before you start slagging off the Resource Bank.

4. Martin87

Martin87 New commenter

Are you on a wind up?
    TES is a fantastic platform. I agree with the above poster, what an insulting topic. Instead of complaining make your own resources.

5. Wasn't going to dignify this post with an answer, but out if curiosity decided to look at the resources the OP had uploaded. Two out of three not even his own resources. Not impressed. I have always found TES incredibly useful and supportive.

6. Waiguoren

Waiguoren Occasional commenter

Hmmm. Maybe not tactfully worded, but I must admit I have found it much more difficult to find resources on TES lately. There's lots of wonderful stuff here, and I use it all the time, but generally because it came up on google - it is frustrating trying to find something searching on the TES site.