1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TES more PROBLEMS

Discussion in 'Personal' started by May2, Jul 10, 2015.

1. May2

May2 Established commenter

Oh now it is letting me but it has forgotten that first bit of password and I had to log in again between these two posts.

2. DogsareNOTstupid

DogsareNOTstupid New commenter

Oh.. it's letting you log in??????!

It won't let me log in at first attempt. Ever. Keeps asking me if I want to join. Sometimes it takes three attempts.

And as for the 'remember me' box so that you don't have to keep putting in your password, well, that is just a joke.

And as usual, absolutely no comment from TES themselves.

[​IMG]

3. katycustard

katycustard Occasional commenter

I've had to log in, remember password etc. every time I've moved from one post to another tonight! What is going on?

4. onmyknees

onmyknees Established commenter

Haven't been able to log in for three days. I emailed TES and they told me to delete cookies etc. Worked after several failed attempts. So annoying and so many problems because of a pointless update!

5. inky

inky Lead commenter

i keep getting logged off after a few minutes.

A reply would be nice.

6. inky

inky Lead commenter

A reply would be nice.

7. inky

inky Lead commenter

A reply would be nice.

8. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

When I post it types every word twice and and I have to go back and delete.

9. marymoocow

marymoocow Star commenter

I send weekly messages to a friend which are quite long. Today I found the message box doesn't expand so your message disappears off the page and you can't see what you are writing. I had to send a few messages at a time.

It is letting me reply to threads but when I press send it doesn't do anything until I press it a second time, then it will tell me I am duplicating a post.

I have to log on each time despite saving the password.

10. onmyknees

The site won't remember my log in details and when I click on user name, the curser jumps straight down to the password box and then tells me I have forgotten my password. Someone is responsible for this website. If we ignored comments and criticisms in our job and carried on regardless without changing what we were doing, we would be for the HIGHJUMP!

11. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

It would seem that the Remember Me works only if . . . you do NOT click Remember Me!

[​IMG]

Try it.

Best wishes

Meet Theo on line on the TES JobSeekers Forum, where she answers jobseeking and careers queries regularly each week.

12. tidal

tidal New commenter

Even that is dependent on the set-up/browser being used Theo.

I've flagged up this thread and its predecessor on the community help forum for that reason.
    My work-round (70% effective) relies partly on my set-up and partly on the shortness of my user-name

13. I have ticked "Remember me" and if I click on my user name, it duplicates below, click on that and the password comes up, click on log in! What a faff! But at least it works!

Don't see why it should be different for so many though. (I am on Chrome)

Silly, unnecessary changes again, I fear!

14. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

Hi all,

I'm so sorry about the technical issues you that are experiencing.

Please let me assure you that we do care about trying to resolve any technical glitches that are plaguing the forums.

I will pass on all of the issues you have raised with logging on to the community to the technical team to look into.

Please bear with us while we try to resolve the problem.

For those people using Chrome, I would avoid ticking the 'remember me' box. This browser will remember your login in details if you have already selected this option before.

15. Has anyone had the problem of joining a forum?

16. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

I haven't had a problem logging in, that part is working for me but I can't reply to inky's thread on insect bites as there is no blank comment box. I've tried clicking on 'reply' but nothing happens. Not that I had any Earth shattering information to add but it is annoying.

17. I too have had the problem of being logged out between posts.

18. I keep getting a message which says 'this page is not redirecting properly'. Anyone else had this problem?

19. The problems still don't seem to be resolved.

20. onmyknees

What I don't understand is why these problems take SOOOOOOOO long to be addressed!!