1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TES Maths revision resources

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by charliep86, Apr 28, 2011.

1. charliep86

charliep86 New commenter Staff Member TES Authors' forum host

Courtesy of Mr. Barton Maths (our resident maths expert), TES now brings you this fantastic collection of GCSE maths revision material. This collection has lots of great ideas to keep lessons fresh and interesting, and kids engaged, whilst preparing for the oncoming exams.
    These resources encompass everything from algebra to trigonometry, and include ideas for group work, puzzles and other activities.
    If you find something you like, why not spread your enthusiasm? We'd love it if you shared it with your friends, and it'd be great to hear more about your experiences.

Check out the revision collection now!

2. pencho

pencho New commenter

"Courtesy of Mr. Barton Maths (our resident maths expert), "
    Thanks for these. However thanks for putting all of us other contributers into our place. If Mr Barton is the TES forums maths expert, what are the rest of us. Are there not other experts that post on here!!!

3. I think (hope) it means that he is the <u>resident</u> maths experts as compared to all the other experts who aren't resident. That means you're all brilliant and no need for rebellion[​IMG]

4. Although his style isn't one I'd be comfortable adopting, I wish Craig Barton all the best. I remember when he first drew our attention to his website (and it's great to see he took posters' criticisms and advice on board). I'm just left wondering when the post of TES Resident Maths Expert was created, how he was chosen and what the role involves.

5. I would second Brookes' sentiments in wishing MrBarton all the best and thank him for the resources he has shared.
    And I would also second Brookes' curiousity in finding out how he got nominated/involved as a 'resident' expert?
    I haven't seen him post very much recently in discussions, in comparison to TheoGriff giving advice, but perhaps that is just time spent developing resources.

6. charliep86

charliep86 New commenter Staff Member TES Authors' forum host

This is precisely the sentiment I was aiming for.. You are all, of course, brilliant - to suggest otherwise would be slanderous.

7. Thanks for your reply Craig. I did like the summary you did and it did help me to find some useful resources.

Also, thanks very much for your series on Autograph on your website, I really enjoy your style and the videos are very informative. I might even get round to buying Autograph one day, I'm currently using GSP, which I love but I've always been a bit of a software junkie!

Many thanks again for all the hard work.