1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TES.. Love it or hate it? !

Discussion in 'Personal' started by anon4561, May 7, 2011.

1. I love TES... it keeps me company all the times that OH,has been away, and I would have gone completely insane without it...... HOWEVER.... every time TES does a poll, comments are "Typical awful TES poll....." etc. So... do we like TES or not?! Is there something about TES that I'm just not getting?!

2. I think that there are some lovely, genuine people that post on TES, who are very friendly and helpful.
    The cliques, trolls and general nastiness spoil it for me, so I will go through stages of avoiding it altogether.
    I'm more of a reader than a poster, but I do like to join in sometimes on threads that are not being b.itchy. On the whole there are some really friendly people who are always happy to help.

3. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

I love it.................generally!
    I'm pleased to say I have made a number of really good friends in RL through TES.
    I do get a bit fed up with some of the (fortunately few) unpleasant posters who only seem to come on here to snipe and ***. Still, maybe they don't have much of a real life and come on here to fill that gap. Most posters are kind, lovely, helpful and funny.

4. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

*** = bitch
    The TES word filter is fairly irritating and quite pointless!

5. The love hate thing for me is I spend far too long on TES. I just don't notice the time go by because there is so much to read.
    And yes it used to be far more friendly and silly. But like teaching there doesn't seem to be much time for fun anymore.
    *Maddy waves at everyone*

6. Yes, on the cat and dog fight thread on entertainment, where the animals can't spell properly, TES won't let me spell f u d for 'food' or c u m for "come" Apart from that I love it! But, yes.... have been guilty of spending too much time on here! I get annoyed as TES won't let me post much during your night..... between 2a.m and 7 a.m. (UK time) it mainly just 'oopses' and 'errors' and crashes! I've given up trying to post during the day...... probably just as well!

7. I really enjoy TES. The people on here are generally pleasant and helpful ... and extremely knowledgeable! I feel like I could ask any question under the sun and someone would help.
    I'm quite a sensitive soul by nature but TES has definitely helped me develop a thicker skin. Every silver cloud!
    The only downside for me is Mr Tarte's nagging about my TES addiction!
    xx

8. guinnesspuss

guinnesspuss Star commenter

Same here! Mr GP has a moan every now and then. He doesn't realise how supportive this is. I've had a really difficult year so the laughs and lightheartedness of some of the threads keep me going.
    And I know I will get guenuine advice if I ask.

9. guinnesspuss

guinnesspuss Star commenter

10. Ditto. Mr. Boxed_In uses words like 'addiction'.....however, the main reason I started posting on here, was because he was away so much, and is away now. I would have gone insane without it....... and I really appreciate the support everyone has given me, over the last absolutely foul year! x

11. I had a foul day, as posted very obviously on Personal.....the replies there have cheered me up no end, as has playing on entertainment..................... and the "Outrageous Parents" thread has been riveting, and highly amusing! I LOVE TES!

12. Give me a...T

Give me an...E

Give me a...S

Yay..

Give me a.... tickle.

And what have we got?

13. Eh... not sure, Bauble..... let me think..... [​IMG]

14. Richie Millions

Richie Millions New commenter

Free orchidectomies for anyone with the balls or baubles x