1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TES jobs and Bing maps - strange effects?

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by rachel_g41, Jan 23, 2012.

1. rachel_g41

rachel_g41 Established commenter

I was browsing the job ads (albeit without serious intent) and stumbled across a short notice one that caught my eye because it's my subject and in my current country.

When I opened the ad, the map displayed below made it looks as though the job were in easy walking distance for me. In reality it's quite a bit further than that and I'd have to swim part of the way.

So I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed odd things like this? Is it some kind of internet tracking that when it can't find a searched address defaults to my local one? Or is it that this particular school's address just, by huge coincidence, points in error to the place I live?
    Or am I just overtired?

2. No...
    Go for it - keep you fit!
    [​IMG]

3. rachel_g41

rachel_g41 Established commenter

It's been suggested I apply, accept if offered, then wave the map at them and try to find some bit of EU legislation that would oblige them to relocate under the terms of the advert.

I will sleep on it.