1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TES is a sick website that encourages trolls and bans committed posters

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Lascarina, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

What is the rationale behind it? The site has become a complete crock of *****.

2. Mumsnet still down, I see.

3. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

They're all coming out of the woodwork, now. All the banned, disaffected and flouncers. Coming to gawp.

Move along, now.

4. Mumsnet's back up.

5. Down again.

Couldn't have happened at a worse time for the little fishies.

6. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

I have not been banned, nor have I flounced and I am not disaffected. Furthermore, I have not come to gawp. I merely looked in to see how the old place was rolling along and noticed that there has been a cull of posters. It surprised me that people like tidal, Lily and airy had gone, while people like aspensquiver, huevos rancheros, Gene and chris, whose sole raison d'etre is to stir up trouble, have been allowed to remain. And I find it strange that, although my posts are being pre-moderated, they are being allowed through. It strikes me that there is something extremely capricious about the moderation here and about the direction that the chief honchos are allowing the site to take.

7. felltogroundinberkeleysquare

felltogroundinberkeleysquare Established commenter

Maybe if you all stopped playing silly games it would heal itself, but I doubt that was the intention on the OP.

8. felltogroundinberkeleysquare

felltogroundinberkeleysquare Established commenter

9. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

The intention of the OP was merely to comment on the website's current very bizarre modus operandi.

10. Thornberry87

Thornberry87 New commenter

I think the OP should ask for their money back.

11. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

Well, you're late to the party, Lascarina. You've missed the fun and games but you might find a bowl of popcorn somewhere.

12. hermitcrabbe

hermitcrabbe Established commenter

I think the evidence suggests otherwise. Since some of those " committed posters" have been removed the posts have been far more civilized and there have been some interesting comments .The through put of posting has been brisk.

This is just a suggestion but in my opinion the removal of those particular posters seems to have lifted the posting atmosphere somewhat and it feels less oppressive. The "trolls" do not seem to be causing trouble.

13. Salutary examples can work wonders.

14. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Star commenter

I totally disagree hermitcrabbe and you seem to be interpreting posts very differently to me.

Tidal was never anything other than "civilised".

15. Petit bourgeois is the appropriate description.

16. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

Thanks a bunch, DT, but popcorn makes me choke. I didn't come for the food in any case. I just came for a quick look around for old time's sake. It doesn't look like fun and games to me but something far more underhand and inscrutable.

17. hermitcrabbe

I can only speak as I find HelenREMfan. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and to their interpretation ( especially so on "Opinion" I believe).

I will not speak of individual posters, but I did not find the comments of many of the recently banned to further discussions much. Nor did I always find them civilized. Maybe you were never on the reeving end of the less favourable ones HelenREMfan? That was just my experience. I am glad yours was differnt.

18. hermitcrabbe

Apt.

19. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

Not that I agree with your assessment but better petit bourgeois than grand guignol comme vous.

20. lizziescat

lizziescat Star commenter

What is the rationale behind your post?

And you're here because.....?