1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Tes international jobs fair November

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by w1185299, Sep 16, 2019.

1. w1185299

w1185299 New commenter

Just wanted to know if people think it is worthwhile? I will be flying in from Ireland, so it will be expensive. Has anyone managed to secure a position through similar fairs or found them insightful?

2. adrixargentina

adrixargentina Occasional commenter

Where and when is it?

3. w1185299

w1185299 New commenter

November, Manchester

adrixargentina likes this.
  4. Jason_Bourne_

Jason_Bourne_ Occasional commenter

Never heard of this particular fair being discussed on the international circuit before

5. makhnovite

makhnovite Established commenter

If Its your first fair it will be an education if nothing else. As it is fairly early in the recruitment cycle there may not be much up for grabs. If its expensive I wouldn't bother but wait for the later bigger ones. If you do decide to go check the list of schools who say they are going carefully and maybe write to the ones you like the look of and tell them you are going to be there.

NB: don't forget its a bit of a lottery and a rollercoaster ride!!!

6. adrixargentina

adrixargentina Occasional commenter

I'd probably only go if I signed up and then a school wanted to see me because they have a vacancy. Surely it's a waste of time otherwise?

7. rideemcowboy

rideemcowboy Occasional commenter

I would recommend attending. Schools will have vacancies by then or at least about to confirm. I know my school will attend. It will not be as high pressure as the January Fairs when desparation takes hold. Great way to get in early.

8. gyselsolerswim

gyselsolerswim New commenter

Hi. When do you think would be a good time to start applying? Thanks

9. SUPER.SUPPLY

SUPER.SUPPLY Occasional commenter

I recommend attending. I went to London this year and openly admitted to everyone that I was merely browsing. I still gave my details to certain schools and it was interesting listening to different headteachers 'PITCH' their school. Some were clearly more animated than others. If you are seriously intending to pursue the international line then go for it. TES have your C.V and many will go with an interview already lined up.