1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TES HireWire - Help!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by PinkHelen, Feb 6, 2012.

1. PinkHelen

PinkHelen New commenter

Hi I'm applying for a job at a school that uses HireWire and I've read that I can only submit my application once. Whilst I would obviously make sure that all my documents were finalised before emailing them off, I'm a little anxious about getting this correct as a single document to upload on HireWire in one go (which it says is a necessity).

I was assuming that I'd just copy and paste my cover letter into the application form (by creating a couple of extra pages before the form "starts"), and then copy and paste the 2 page "relevant experience" document that it asks for at the end of the form, but I just wanted to check that this was appropriate. Has anyone elese used this service, and how did you overcome these problems? I've spent ages on my application for a job I'd love to get, I'd hate for it to be scuppered by something that has little to do with teaching (although I'll admit it doesn't show good use of ICT skills if I can't use it!). I would much prefer to be emailing my documents through to the school at the moment!

2. PinkHelen

PinkHelen New commenter

Hi I'm applying for a job at a school that uses HireWire and I've read that I can only submit my application once. Whilst I would obviously make sure that all my documents were finalised before emailing them off, I'm a little anxious about getting this correct as a single document to upload on HireWire in one go (which it says is a necessity).

I was assuming that I'd just copy and paste my cover letter into the application form (by creating a couple of extra pages before the form "starts"), and then copy and paste the 2 page "relevant experience" document that it asks for at the end of the form, but I just wanted to check that this was appropriate. Has anyone elese used this service, and how did you overcome these problems? I've spent ages on my application for a job I'd love to get, I'd hate for it to be scuppered by something that has little to do with teaching (although I'll admit it doesn't show good use of ICT skills if I can't use it!). I would much prefer to be emailing my documents through to the school at the moment!