1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TES heroes

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lindenlea, Feb 27, 2020.

1. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

There have been, and are still, many posters on this site who go above and beyond what any of us might expect in the way of help, support and inspiration. In the past I've leant on @Lara mfl 05 as she knows, and @grumpydogwoman 's contributions as someone living with cancer will enhance and inform our lives into the future and now I'm reading @diddydave on the Retirement forum who gives the most detailed and informative analysis of pension rules that anyone could ask for. These posters are heroes and I take my hat of to them. And there are others.

2. Jamvic

Jamvic Star commenter

@diddydave should be getting a salary from TP. He is much more knowledgable than anyone I’ve ever spoken to there.

3. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

There are several Tessers that I regard as heroes, but they are not able to post on here any more and I should imagine I’d get my knuckles rapped, were I to do so.

They have provided impeccable advice and support over the years and this forum is the poorer without their advice and wise counsel. I’m sure most people know to whom I refer.

4. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

5. lizziescat

lizziescat Star commenter

Oh yes. There was a poster who gave excellent careers, applications etc. advice as well as sharing factual information about school based issues.

There was another who gave extensive, sound legal based information too - especially in terms of employment rights etc.

Can’t remember their names.

6. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Star commenter

So many wonderful posters who have inspired, supported and given great advice. Sometimes it's hard to remember that we don't know each other personally! So many threads have helped me, but I have to mention the Alzheimer's Rant … such a great comfort and support when times have been really tough with my dad. Thanks to all concerned.

7. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

That made me chuckle lizzie. ;) :p
    Indeed Grumpy is a source of inspiration as were several other posters with problems, most memorable for me was Jane's coping with her terminal MND.

Much miseed also are also a couple of posters who were so knowledgeable about 'techie matters' who offered advice and 'work-arounds' for posters having problems.

8. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Indeed.

9. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

Yes, I expect TES were generous, appreciative and gracious.

coffeekid, bevdex, nizebaby and 5 others like this.
  10. bajan

bajan Occasional commenter

This song is for all the unsung heroes on TES.

11. diddydave

diddydave Established commenter

Very kind of you to include me in your list. I try. (and my wife will confirm I am very trying)

12. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

13. kittylion

kittylion Established commenter

Oh and of course Dunty - how would we solve our many personal problems without her?

14. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

TheoGriff, butties and Dunteachin like this.
  15. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

OF COURSE I meant you @Dunteachin !

16. friedgreentomatoes

friedgreentomatoes Star commenter

@grumpydogwoman , @Lara mfl 05 and everyone who has posted about their personal experiences on the Cancer thread have been an enormous source of support to me over the last few months.

17. Shedman

Shedman Star commenter

My TES heroes are those posters who make a typo, spelling mistake or write a phrase that allows me to crack yet another corny gag. Yes, I really am that shallow!

18. Kandahar

Kandahar Lead commenter

That'll be me probably. Spelling has always presented difficulties, particularly with age.

Now...

Mr Bluedart. A decent poster.

19. Jamvic

Jamvic Star commenter

Bet there’s an app for that!

Kandahar likes this.
  20. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

I wonder if there's an app for time travel too. I remember Bluedart, but of course you'd have to have been there at the time, wouldn't you ? :p

cissy3 likes this.