1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TES Fantasy Football - New League

Discussion in 'Personal' started by harsh-but-fair, Aug 4, 2012.

1. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Star commenter

2. cassandramark2

cassandramark2 Lead commenter

Your link was missing an 'a'.

I've joined - just to prop up the bottom, as per usual!

3. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Do you two fancy a TES meet soonish?

4. harsh-but-fair

Will I have to dig my yellow coat out of retirement?

5. harsh-but-fair

So it is!

Thanks cassandra. Here's the proper version.

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

6. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Fancy dress is always optional.

7. harsh-but-fair

8. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

I'm going to join when I get a moment to look at my team.

9. All sorted, no witty team name though :-(

10. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

if only they did a shorter version, I did really well at the euros and WC, but seem to lose interest over a whole season.

11. Email has arrived, have logged in, but I must be exceptionally thick because I can't for the life of me figure out how you're meant to select your squad.
    Have passed it across to Mr M as he's better at this kind of thing than me.
    *feels stoopid*

12. Click on the blank players (shown in formation on a pitch)and then choose your player from the list on the right and click on them. The man in your team will change into the kit etc of the player you have selected. The long list of players to choose from has a drop down box that allows you to view them in different orders, most expensive first, highest points value etc.

13. dozymare1957

dozymare1957 Occasional commenter

I know nothing about football and have never done this does that matter?

14. Thanks, Yogs, but that's not working for me.
    I have a pitch and shadows where the players should be. When I click on the shadows nothing happens. Mr M has tried too (turns out he did FPL last year, so already had an account) and he can't do anything either.
    FPL hates us.
    Either that or harsh is scared I'll show him up and has sabotaged my account (only joking...).
    Am giving up now.

15. So after you click on the grey player are you clicking on the player's name you want to choose, from the long list of names on the right hand side? I set my team up on my ipad and I had to touch in exactly the right spot on the players name or nothing happened. It seems to be a bit finicky in that respect. Maybe have another go during the week? You've got until the 18th to submit a team. Hope you get sorted. My team is guaranteed to be propping up the table !

16. I've got no grey players, just shadows where the various positions are. I've tried clicking on the shadows but nothing happens
    I don't have a list of names on the RHS either.
    It no like me. :-(
    Husband is having the same problem too. Could it be IE that's the problem?

17. Hmm strange, maybe an email to fantasy league is in order? I used safari so can't comment on IE I am afraid. Maybe Harsh knows. Sorry I can't be more helpful :-s

18. JCA_1989

JCA_1989 New commenter

Hope I'm not imposing. Just joined, found it really hard to pick a team. I used to have a policy of not picking Liverpool or City players, yet my will to win this year far outweighs previous principles!!!!

19. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

20. Finally all sorted!
    Stupid IE browser filter was blocking content. Husband sorted it and I now have my team set up and have enterd the TES league.
    No idea what I'm doing, but I'm sure he'll keep me right.