1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TES Constant Logging In

Discussion in 'Primary' started by pinkflipflop, Oct 30, 2010.

1. In the past you could stay logged in. That all changed with the new site.

2. manic28

manic28 New commenter

I know...and this is progress?

3. takethatno1fan

takethatno1fan New commenter

this drives me mad too!!!

4. We are looking at ways to allow users to stay logged in for longer. I'll keep you posted and I know it is annoyance.
    Best wishes
    Gail

5. Is it possible for us techies to alter the cookie on our own computer? The TES is about the only site I know that doesn't remember your login so Gail, keep on at your web people. Can't believe there aren't more threads about this.

6. In fact, the problem is even worse on Internet Explorer because, even after you log in, the browser shows that you still need to log in, so you log in again...and again...but as soon as you go to the forums your username is shown.

7. With the proper filtering proxy or firefox extension yes, but you need one that not only lets you edit a cookie, but can lock it in place so that TES cannot reset it to half an hour on your next page visit. I used to do this back when I was here all the time and it kept me logged in.

8. Maybe you've posted elsewhere, Gail, but surely your techies can fix this in a day. If not, I'm sure one of the guys on the ICT forum can.

9. I'm on firefox and it remembers my password for me so i just click on log in, then ok then im done. no typing needed :)
    JSY x

10. Chrome remembers too. But you shouldn't ever have to click log in - most websites never log you off unless you click log off even if you restart the computer. Why is the TES website such an exception?