1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TES awards resource invite?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by cariad2, Jun 8, 2011.

1. cariad2

cariad2 New commenter

I've had an invite. It was really nice to be asked, but I don't think there's any point asking at school if I can go - money's so tight, that they wouldn't pay the supply cover.
    The only voting is when you can vote to nominate someone for their resources. The shortlist's probably been decided by now, and there's a panel who choose the winners. The emails that went out today weren't for anybody up for an award - just a thank you for uploading resources.
    The cynical side of me, says that maybe TES are inviting people because it's very expensive to book a table, and schools can't afford it this year.
    I went last year, because one of my resources got onto the shortlist. I went with a friend from work and we had a lovely day - champagne reception, lovely dinner, and all in a very posh hotel. Alexander Armstrong hosted it, and he was very funny.

2. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Nope and I have resources on [​IMG] musn't be good enough lol xx

3. It's Rory Bremner this year. I need to work out what I'll miss and if I can afford to ask for an upaid afternoon off. Although I've had 2 personal days in 5 years at this school so I might just mention that!
    Don't want to be a Billy No Mates so hope other people think about going [​IMG]

4. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

I've been invited! I hope I can go - just need to check another commitment first.

5. I;ve been - in another context - and if you can go with a group, go.
    Its good fun.

6. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Snap!!

7. rosaespanola

rosaespanola New commenter

I got an invite, it's lovely to be asked but as someone has already said, I doubt I'd have a snowball's chance in hell of being given the day off work to go. 2 of my lessons on that day would have been Y11, but that still leaves 3 lessons to cover and I don't think in a million years that school will let me out for the day. Really gutted, I'd have loved to go.

8. I've got an invite and school have given me permission to attend. How many resource contributors will have got an invite?

Mr Mac

9. Congratulations to all of you who got an invite. There's another batch of invites going out at the moment.
    It will be a great event and Rory Bremner is a fab host so do try to get along if you can.
    All the best
    Gail

10. rosaespanola

rosaespanola New commenter

Do you think schools would be more likely to give permission if they see an official invitation so they know exactly what it is and that only a limited number of people have been invited? I don't want to tell TES I can go and then pull out if my school won't let me have the day off, but that's the only way to get an actual invitation that I can show them. I don't know if it'll make a difference or not.

11. littlemissraw

Ooh my invite was just delayed how lovely! Now just need to see if I can afford the train, but would love to be there. Thank you TES x

12. Cestrian

Cestrian New commenter

I've been invited! Need to check whether I could go, but lovely to be asked anyway [​IMG]

13. me too - am quite determined to go - don't really work fridays, so no problem
    what fun!

14. Thank you TES!! I hope I can make it!

15. marlin

Thank you TES I have just accepted the invitation - I'm so excited!

16. littlemissraw

Just accepted too [​IMG] do we dress up!? (not fancy dress obviously lol)

17. indigo987

indigo987 New commenter

I'm coming too! Ooooh, what to wear?

18. marlin

Dress code is smart. Will probably wear dress and jacket. Should I buy new? [​IMG]
    [​IMG] A good excuse for a new frock!

19. littlemissraw

[​IMG]

Anyone on the train from the NW?

20. Cestrian

Cestrian New commenter

I will be, if I can go - forgot to ask today [​IMG]