1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Tes article header that teachers who fall short blame the moon.

Discussion in 'Education news' started by Corvuscorax, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Corvuscorax

Corvuscorax Lead commenter

Blaming a full moon for pupils' bad behaviour only serves to obscure how teachers might be falling short, says Gordon Cairns

I don't dare read any further. I might do something I later regret

2. gainly

gainly Lead commenter

3. blue451

blue451 Lead commenter

I don't think TES is any friend of teachers tbh.

afterdark and agathamorse like this.
  4. phlogiston

phlogiston Star commenter

Who is this guy?
    I always predict the behaviour of the pupils in autum by the pattern of fallen leaves on the playground, the arrangement of the coffee grounds in my morning cup or the arrangement of the entrails of the latest dead badger on the B1050.

More seriously, I have never ever heard of anyone thinking that pupil behaviour is affected by the phase of the moon. Many other things with a stronger causative link, but not the moon.

agathamorse likes this.
  5. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

Windy days - ask anyone in primary schools.

6. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

As I read it he says that it's 'teacher folklore' for some teachers but goes on to say that there is no evidence for it and it is, to put it politely, boll.ox

7. blazer

blazer Star commenter

I have a friend who is a paramedic and he claims that his colleagues hate having a shift on a full moon.

agathamorse likes this.