1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TES Application review service

Discussion in 'Primary' started by rugby_gal06, May 16, 2011.

1. Have you used this service? What did you think? Has it helped you to get shortlisted for a post?

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Hi there Rugby Gal.
    I don't work for this service myself (I do the individual face-to-face stuff and the seminars), but I have contacted Julia who is our wonderful administrator for the TES Careers Service, and asked her if there is any feedback on this.
    She says that we don't have any data as to who gets what afterwards, but people do sometimes e-mail her later to givean update. Here are two typical comments that she has quoted:

Your advice was very helpful….I got the job!

I found the advice given by all
    of the team… most helpful and personalised. Comments were extremely
    constructive and encouraging. I really sensed the thoroughness, care and time
    spent on the check that had taken place.
    They look pretty promising, although of course your reaction to the
    service will depend how good - or perhaps how bad (!) - your application
    was to start off with!
    General advice on applications can be found on the JobSeekers Forum. Try the Welcome thread - there are some clickables inside with advice about getting shortlisted.
    Best wishes

TheoGriff. Member of the TES Careers Advice Service.

I
    do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the
    Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive
    summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really
    appreciate.

The next Job Seminars are all sold out, I'm afraid, although Julia is thinking of organising some more.

A new SLT seminar is available now on 22 May <u>www.tesweekendworkshop32.eventbrite.com</u>, and another is planned for 18 June.

E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.

Look forward to seeing you!

3. Hi rugby_gal06
    Here are a couple of quotes from customers of this service:
    "Your advice was very helpful....I got the job!"
    "I found the advice given by all of the team... most helpful and personalised. Comments were extremely constructive and encouraging. I really sensed the thoroughness, care and time spent on the check that had taken place."
    Best wishes
    Gail