1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TES and Galaxy Tab 7 - cannot sign in . . .

Discussion in 'Personal' started by marshypops, Oct 27, 2011.

1. marshypops

marshypops New commenter

Send it to me to play with for a few months? [​IMG]

You'll probably get it back...

2. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Sounds like chocolate. Eat it.
    Sorry Theo, this level of technology is beyond me. I've never even heard of it. Have you googled the issue to read other customers concerns, comments, advice etc.? Is there a forum created by the manufacturers?

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Thank you friends - nice to start the day with a laugh, both of you!
    I think that THIS is the forum where any TES-specific problem might be discussed . . .
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars

4. This is all beyond me as well. What is a Galaxy Tab? If you can't sign in to TES how have you managed to post a thread?

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

[​IMG]
    It's a tablet computer - about half the size of an iPad - so that you can carry it around easily and do computing things on the move.
    http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/mobile-devices/tablets/tablets/GT-P1000CWAXEU
    And I am posting NOT from my tab [​IMG] but from my desk computer.
    Which I cannot carry round . . .
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.

6. Galaxys run Android, don't they? I would guess that Chrome is not accepting cookies fron the TES site.
    Check the cookie settings on your browser.

7. moonpenny

moonpenny Occasional commenter

Baubs is right.
    That happened when I had my new netbook. Thought I'd been banned as the login kept bouncing back to the log in screen.
    I am sure Tes Bev gave some advice on the welcome forum as I think that is how I found how how to go intoi the settings and change it.

8. moonpenny

Had a look but can't find the thread.
    I did see a "where can I buy an actual copy of Tes from" thread.
    Mmmm....now let me think.....a newsagents? Whsmiths.......the supermarket.
    There's all sorts of "strange" and interesting threads over there.
    It's the equivalent of a Tes jumble sale.

9. moonpenny

Now I know why I couldn't find it:
    2) <u>Cannot login</u>
    Some users are unable to login at all and find themselves going around in virtual circles. We have discovered that this is due to users computer dates and times being inaccurate. In order for our cookie to work, your computer information must be correct to within half an hour. You must also make sure cookies are enabled.
    If you're still having difficulty logging on please email us at help@tes.co.uk and we will contact you to help resolve any difficulties.
    It was on the announcement forum:
    http://community.tes.co.uk/forums/p/335071/4769292.aspx

10. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Thank you!
    Date and time are accurate. Now how do I enable cookies on a tablet . . .
    I shall probably have to give in and turn up at TES Towers and ask Bev in person . . .
    Best wishes

11. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Accept Cookies - Tick
    Date and time correct - Tick
    Block pop-up windows - No
    Enable Java Script - Tick
    Enable plug-ins - always on
    Clear cache - done
    Clear history - done
    Clear form data - done
    Enable location - Tick
    Clear location access - done
    Remember passwords - no
    Seems to me that the above will get rid of any probs . . .
    Let's try.
    Nope....
    AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!
    Best wishes

12. guinnesspuss

guinnesspuss Star commenter

Send it back as not fit for purpose? [​IMG]

13. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Thanks Bauble!
    It's only a little tablet, not sure about FF, but what I'll do is find out if there's another browser available. As it's Android I assume, like you, that it's a mobile version of Chrome . . . but Chrome works on TES (but eats paragraphs).
    Off to google a replacement browser . . .

14. moonpenny

Let us know if you sort it.
    It took me about 2 hours believe it or not....I like working out stuff like that though a bit like a puzzle with a point. I don't understand puzzles without a point.

15. Theo, can't resist typing: you should have bought an iPad. I have no problem with TES on my iPad. More helpfully, have you downloaded an alternative browser to check if it's just an issue with the one that's in built? I have Opera on my iPad and I assume they have an Android version. Browsers will be free to download.

16. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Thank you.
    Mrs TG says I would look like a clown in a jacket with iPad-sized pockets. [​IMG]
    I have downloaded a new browser that is compatible with the Tab: Dolphin HD. Highly recommended. But no good. [​IMG]
    I'll see if opera is available and try that . . .
    What fun!
    Best wishes

17. Hi Theo
    I've got Opera Mini 4 on my phone which works well for TES.
    Mine's a Sony Elm, so not a fancy one.
    Hope you get it sorted.

18. As much as I'd like to see you again, Theo, you know after our email exchanges that we don't currently support PDAs or tablets (but it is on the radar) so we'd just have to have lunch instead.

19. What does that mean when quite a few tessers uses ipads etc, with no problem?