1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Terry the Turtle 2

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by goosey200, Mar 15, 2012.

1. goosey200

goosey200 New commenter

Hi,
    I've just started this term in a new school, teaching ICT to the Infants (it's at an international school that uses the NC). I've just started teaching the controlling a turtle module to Year 2 and, although I have never used it before, so far it's been quite straight forward until Level 4.
    I get most of it but it's the 'Repeat' and 'To' commands that I'm getting confused with. Does anyone know of any help or instructions out there online that might help? I've searched the cupboards but there are no instruction manuals in the school and I haven't found anything helpful online but I might be looking in the wrong places.
    Thank you!

2. The exact details depends on the turtle system in question - what is it ?
    Repeat and To come from classic Logo as James T. says, but implementations can differ.

3. Ah....just noticed that you have already answered this question. Have you looked at http://www.kudlian.net/products/terry/resources/ ?

4. goosey200

goosey200 New commenter

Thanks for your help guys.
    Yes, I thought Level 4 is a bit advanced but I'm just going from last years plans and the kids are pretty bright at this school. I think what I might do is let them have a go at Level 4 for a lesson and then focus most of my activities around the lower levels.