1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Terry Jones RIP

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Duke of York, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

2. nomad

nomad Star commenter

A great loss.

[​IMG]

ilovesooty, Jesmond12, Jamvic and 2 others like this.
  3. Jamvic

Jamvic Star commenter

Monty Python legend. He gifted much laughter and joy to the world. Very sad news. RIP Terry.

4. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Ah that's a great shame.

I used his Medieval Lives: Peasants documentary only two days ago.... great stuff.

Jamvic likes this.
  5. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

It is a curse of advancing age that you have to watch your legends slipping away one by one. The Pythons were making me laugh before they were even the Pythons, through ISIRTA, and even Do Not Adjust Your Set. You and your pals were with our generation all the way Terry, keeping it silly and satirical, and in your case keeping the historical stuff as authentic as possible, if still silly. RIP and thank you so much.

And now for something completely different.

[​IMG]

Hopefully he's already duetting naked at the piano with Neil Innes on a unique rendition of The Idiot Song.

6. Jesmond12

Jesmond12 Star commenter

RIP Terry.

Never a truer word spoken.

7. Ivartheboneless

Ivartheboneless Star commenter

Shame. Always funny. Had that slightly mad but cheeky twinkle in his eye! "He's not the Messiah! he's a very naughty boy!"

Jamvic and jellycowfish like this.
  8. smurphy6

smurphy6 Senior commenter

I knew him vaguely due to both of us going to the same pub regularly up until a few years ago. He had a little Jack Russell dog that for some reason thought I was the bees knees and couldn’t resist coming over to sit with me every time she saw me in the pub. It was a standing joke and he always had a line ready for when she spied me from under his table (or on the seat next to him) and woofed and trotted over delighted to see me.

He often had Michael Palin with him or his second wife. He made everyone in that pub laugh - happy days.

I last saw him a couple of years ago, I was driving and he stepped into the road to cross. I knew by then he was unwell and he didn’t recognise me and he looked much older.

God speed Mr Jones, you were a good man.

9. silkywave

silkywave Lead commenter

Thank you for all the laughter you brought to us when we were very serious teenagers!

10. Jesmond12

Jesmond12 Star commenter

Michael Palin has just been on the news talking about the death of his close friend. It was heart breaking to watch his sorrow.

Jamvic likes this.