1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Termly Reading Assessments in KS1 and KS2

Discussion in 'Assessment' started by Electrolite, Apr 3, 2010.

1. I'm looking for a termly Reading assessment/test which teachers can use to help inform their APP judgements. We currently use non-stats SATs but dislike these as they are very time consuming for teachers to mark. It also needs to be used to track progress. We have also experiemented with NSI Reading assessments but these require excessive photocopying and very heavy marking.
    I'd be really interested to hear what others are doing.

2. In my school we use the Stoke reading assessment sheets which give statements for each sub-level that we highlight if a child is able to show evidence of it during reading. We also use this for checking which book band they should be on. The other option would be to use the Salford reading test but this wouldn't give national curriculum sub-levels. If you aren't able to find the stoke reading assessment email me and I will forward a copy to you.
    Kind regards
    Jane
    jane@mitchell-baker.fsnet.co.uk