1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Tentatively suggesting lunch over half term for any Leeds Tessers....

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Victoria Plum, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Just that really. I realised when we didn't make it at Christmas we said we would at half term and it's sneaked up on us...!!!! Can anyone make it? VP xxx

2. I can and am in need of distractions.
    Can't do Monday, Tuesday, Thursday or Friday. But other than am free!

3. Haha!!! We're going to end up with the same problem methinks - co-ordinating our time!! I can't do Wednesday during the day but COULD do teatime...? I'm free THIS weekend but not the second. You up to anything nice Sparkly? xxx

4. Monday & Tuesday - best mate is coming north to keep me company, feed me chocolate and generally be a nice friend in the wake of the **** life has flung at me in the past few days.
    Thursday - wedding dress shopping with another friend (for her, not me)
    Friday - planning session with a collegue.
    Other than that... planning, marking, moping!

5. (((sparkly_duck)))
    Let's hope we can sort something out then...? So far I'm good to go for either Saturday/Sunday this weekend or Wednesday teatime. xxx

6. Got visitors Fri-Mon but free after that. Have hospital appt 3.30 Tues and Zumba at 7.30 Tues but otherwise freeeeeeeeeeee.

7. Wed teatime then?

8. Wednesday teatime is good for me!! And a yes from LOTF!! Sparkly?? xxx

9. Sounds like a plan!
    I do not know Leeds at all, so leave venue up to you!

10. Okay... I will give it some thought. (Ask my sister in other words!!) xxx

11. Well! My sister and brother-in-law totally bamboozled me with ideas of where to meet!! So I will stick with my own thoughts!! We could meet at "The Nation of Shopkeepers" again? Or we could go for cheap and cheerful and meet at The Cuthbert Broderick (big Wetherspoons) in Millenium Square? That should be easy enough for you to find sparkly_duck! xxx

12. laura1406

laura1406 New commenter

Can I come? I'm near Leeds and free wed night?

13. Tell me where to go and a time and I'll be there. I'll probably get the train up, depending on train times home.

14. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Lead commenter

Have a good time: I'll have to pass. No time off at half term and I have a counselling client after work on Wednesday night.

15. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

sorry i cant.i have visitors this half term and my accomodation up there is not available lol

16. That's a shame Olds and ILS - would've been lovely to see you. Laura, absolutely, be great to see you! Shall we say 6pm in the Cuthbert Broderick, Millenium Square? LOTF? Sparkly? Okay by you? xxx

17. Can do earlier.... xxx

18. 6pm is good for me.
    Is it easy to get to from the station?

19. Very easy. Come out of the main station entrance, cross the road and head up Park Row. Cross over The Headrow and walk up Cookridge Street. Millenium Square is on the left, as is the big Wetherspoons. Google map it and you'll see what I mean. :) I'll PM you with my mobile number too. xxx

20. laura1406

laura1406 New commenter

sounds great. i'll see you there.