1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

ten town no. 7 emergency!!!!

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by littlelucy, Nov 1, 2009.

1. Number 7 is 'Sir Seven', a knight who help to look after King 1 and Ten Town (I think that is the basis of the story). The rhyme is something like " Go from his head, along to his hips, down to his boots with the shiny tips."

Lucy

2. Ooh! Can I ask what 'Ten Town' is? It sounds interesting.

3. I love the sound of this for teaching the formation of the numbers - can anyone give the rhymes and pictures for the other numbers???
    Where can I get hold of resources???

4. I think I have bad news - I've been told by a friend that Ten Town is no more - the company is no longer trading :-(

5. You are right - the company is no longer trading- It's a real shame as it looked really good.
    I keep checking ebay to see if anyone is selling resources but no luck :-(

6. There are on ebay at £16!!!! each
    and amazon for £10 !!!

7. sadika

sadika New commenter

I've just done a search for Ten Town on both and nothing came up - tried completed listings as well with again nothing - what did you type in for the search?

8. <>I think that the TEN TOWN book that you are referring to is by Nancy Loewen.
    Although a math book, this is different to the TEN TOWN numeracy program, containing Sir 7 and Eric 8 etc.[​IMG]

9. Hi there,

Just thought you'd be interested to know that later this year Ten Town will be relaunching as an online resource.

It will feature all the best elements of the original scheme along with great new online games, activities and animations.

It you would like to find out more then please don't hesitate to e-mail me on bob.sandy@btinternet.com.

Many thanks

Bob Sandy

10. cariad2

cariad2 New commenter

I hadn't come across Ten Town before reading this thread, but it does sound really good. Please post on this thread to let us know when it's relaunced.

11. Msz

Msz Established commenter

12. Hopefully we'll have the site up and running by around October / November time. I've signed up a number of schools and nurseries to trial the site before the full launch but will be looking for some more to try it out.

In return for your feedback you'd obviously get free access to the site.

If anyone is interested then just drop me an e-mail at bob.sandy@btinternet.com

BTW - The characters that have just been posted up are from the original scheme. These characters have now been updated and developed further - and have a much more contemporary look.

Kind regards,

Bob Sandy

13. Hi,
    I used to use this sceme when I was a primary teacher in the UK. I am now in NZ and can't wait to try the scheme again. Will I be able to access the site from down here?

14. Msz

Msz Established commenter

0. The Zero pond: Start at the top, nice and slow. All the way round and there you go.
    1. King One: Top to toe and there you go.
    2. Tommy Two: Curve from his head to his knees, then straight across please.
    3. Thieving Three: One hand, two hands, who's got the key?
    4. Freddy Four: Down, across, or in the water.
    5. Fiona Five: Down her back, round her knees. Back to the top, arms out please.
    6. Seal Six: From the top of his tail to his little wet nose, King One will have very wet clothes.
    7. Sir Seven: Start at his helmet, across to his hips. Down to his boots with the shiny tips.
    8. Eric Eight: Eric Eight starts like a snake. Back to the top, he's easy to make.
    9.Nicola Nine: Around her head and back to the top. Down to the ground and then you stop.
    10. The Ten Town pond: Draw a one and then a zero, King One is the ten fish's hero.

I think ...

15. Thanks to everyone who responded to me about the re-launch of Ten Town. It's fantastic to know that the scheme is still being used by so many schools and nurseries - and it's been great to hear so many stories about how effective Ten Town has been in nursery and reception classes.

We're working hard on putting the content together for the new site and next week we should have a page up at www.tentown.co.uk that will give updates on our progress.

I just wondered if anyone has a full set of the Ten Town story books - these were the Mr Men size books that were sold separately from the basic pack? If so I'd be very grateful if you could contact me on bob.sandy@btinternet.com.

16. this is great - looking forward to the site launching!

17. Just checked the website and it doesn't seem to be working. Can you give us an update on when it may be ready?

18. <font size="2">Hi there,</font><font size="2"> </font><font size="2">Just to update you on the relaunch of Ten Town. We are working hard putting together the content for the new website. We've just had the first batch of animations back which are looking great.</font><font size="2"> </font><font size="2">We now have a temporary holding page up at tentown.co.uk , where you can see three of the redesigned characters.</font><font size="2"> </font><font size="2">I will be posting updates on our new facebook page (you can follow the link from the website), so please join us on there or follow us on twiiter. </font><font size="2"> </font><font size="2">I've just posted up a screen grab from one of the first animations so you can see what they will look like.</font><font size="2"> </font> <font size="2">We were hoping to have the website ready in November but this is going to be a bit delayed. The main reason is that we are including more features than originally planned - but I promise it will be worth waiting for!</font>
    <font size="2"> </font><font size="2">For any other information please don't hesitate to contact me at </font>info@tentown.co.ukBob Sandy

19. I'm so glad to read that Ten Town will be around for us to use again. I had almost given up hope.I am in Australia and there is nothing like it here. I accidentally found it when I was surfing the web and was so disappointed to see that it had finished. Can't wait. :)

20. Just to let those who are interested in Ten Town know that we have a special 'back to school' offer. Every setting that subscribes by the end of September will receive a free resources pack worth £47. This includes a set of laminated flash cards, a 2.5m full colour wall frieze, a sing-along CD and a reward sticker pack with 385 character stickers. We have also updated the support material to align to the revised framework. For more details visit www.tentown.co.uk or see our facebook page www.facebook.com/tentownnumbers to view a video about the special offer. Many thanks, Bob Sandy