1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ten minute interview activity?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by treespirit, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Just wondered if anyone had any ideas for a ten minute interview activity with a group of year 3/4 children? It is to basically show how I engage and interact with the children and help them get to know me. Would you include an actual written plan for such a short activity?
    Many thanks- I am an NQT and this is my second interview so am a bit 'overwhelmed'!
    x

2. What are your ideas?

3. So far, the 'name game' where I model saying my name in a different voice to express my personality, so a quiet person could say their name in a quiet voice etc, then add to this simply a sound/nonsense word, then a movement that expresses their personality best. Go round the circle then finish by discussing how we are each special etc. What do you think? How could I improve it/or do something better? Can't believe it is for only 10 mintues!

4. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Maybe think about the sort of maths and literacy things you do as starters as they last about 10 mins and have a learning focus? You will need a LO, so think what you want the children to learn and then plan an activity.

In your plan show how you would develop the 10 mins into a whole lesson or series of lessons. Also show how you have planned for differing abilities and have a plan B for when yours is clearly pitched too high or too low.

Best of Luck.