1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ten day into anand we already have our first...

Discussion in 'Education news' started by Grandsire, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Grandsire

Grandsire Star commenter

.r..book trawl!

Just to make sure that we’re kept on our toes and are doing as we’ve been told.

Can anyone better that?

(Edited to add: Argh! Just seen the mess up in the title. I hate this computer!!)

agathamorse likes this.
  2. garyconyers

garyconyers New commenter

We had OFSTED in last week (Tuesday and Wednesday).

Probably a good thing as they couldn't criticise our marking. I was seen with a class the first time I taught them this year.

agathamorse and grumpydogwoman like this.
  3. moscowbore

moscowbore Star commenter

My last school had the same scenario. OFSTAZI found some safeguarding paperwork was missing, principal got fired, we were forced to join a mat, half the staff left at summer.

agathamorse likes this.
  4. gigaswitch1

gigaswitch1 Occasional commenter

**** course on the new way to teach

agathamorse likes this.
  5. bevdex

bevdex Star commenter

There's a new way? I think if I'd taught the same way throughout my career I might have had a few lean years in the early 2000's but they would have thought I was the best thing since sliced bread today!

agathamorse likes this.
  6. Christopher  Curtis

Christopher Curtis Occasional commenter

I can’t do better than that, Grandsire. I can, however, do much worse: 33 years in and never had a book trawl - never even heard of one in Australia. Nor have I ever had an OFSTED equivalent or an inspection of any sort or a performance pay assessment. Someone should tell the powers that be that they have everything wrong. OK, I know people keep telling readers on this site that. But surely someone with some power can get rid of the damaging nonsense that plagues education in England. It doesn’t have to be that bad – it really doesn’t. Someone made it bad, and someone else can fix it.