1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Temporarily "Unpublishing" resources

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by resources4drama, Feb 26, 2020.

Tags:
  1. resources4drama

resources4drama New commenter

I want to know the URL of a resource (R1) I am intending to publish so that I can mention it in other resources as a cross-promotion.

Ideally I want to publish R1, copy the URL and then temporarily hide R1 while I paste the URL into the other resources. Then, at some point, republish R1.

Any way of doing this?

I know my query is a little specific to my situation, but surely there may be a time when any author wants to take a resource off sale for a period of time, then put it back on again (with the same URL) without having to delete and re-upload it.

2. MissEHoney

MissEHoney New commenter

Go into it to edit and it will be "saved in drafts" click through could of pages but dont get to the end. Come off the page by closing the browser window and it should be in drafts. Pretty sure people womt be able to see it.when you're ready go back to it and finish the "edit"

3. nwilkin

nwilkin Occasional commenter

I thought people can still see it when in drafts. I had this discussion with TES last year when something was in drafts as I was part way through updating a resource of mine, when the system failed. It was preventing me from saving it and doing the final upload for a few days. Emailed them as I was worried it was not visible (previous or new updated version) and I'm sure they said people can still see the old version when it is drafts. I thought the only way to make it invisible was by emailing TES as they can do it at their end.