1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Temple Spa stuff

Discussion in 'Personal' started by PlymouthMaid, Oct 3, 2015.

1. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

Does anyone use these products? I went to one of those 'parties' last week just to support a friend and was gobsmacked at creams for £85 apparently containing diamond dust (and blood of virgins, no doubt). I admit I am simple creature with my skin regime (water, Dove soap and moisturiser at about a fiver a pot). I know that lots of well off people buy expensive unguents but is it really a thing for regular Joesses to spend a day's pay on cosmetic cream? The cheapest thing was handcream at over £18 so I dont care if you are supposed to buy something - I didnt :)

grumpydogwoman likes this.
  2. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

Good for you.

I experiment with any and every skincare product and I don't think it's worth paying those prices.

Wearing factor 50 throughout the year is the best thing you can do.

InkyP likes this.
  3. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

I don't blame you @PlymouthMaid. I find that the less gunk I put on my face the better my skin is. It saves me lots of money.

4. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

According to a faceist I saw on tv this week, the expensive components of these unguents are under licence for a few years. When that is no longer the case, it's open season! So Aldi are apparently about to market a cream thst has the same core ingredients as La Prairie or Creme de la Mare at about a tenth of the price.

She said that as long as it has the same active ingredient, it was as good as the astronomically priced stuff and if you wait a few years, it will be out of licence and much, much cheaper.

Dragonlady30 and bombaysapphire like this.
  5. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

Creme de la Mare? Neigh!

foxtail3 likes this.
  6. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

That is interesting Foxtail - so I will wait for the diamond dust and virgin blood cream to appear cheaply although I wasn't all that impressed with the stuff I dd try and felt quite sticky when I got home.

7. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Can't say that I'd ever heard of them. I've just googled them and the stuff seems to be linked to some fancy spa. The cream you're talking about is obviously their "most amazing" one. The other ones are in the £30 and probably what people pay for premium brands.
    I would not pay that much for mine (Lidl and Aldi for me) but I suppose some people do!

8. catmother

catmother Star commenter

It's also £25 for a candle. I get mine from semichem!

9. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

I use Waitrose Baby Bottom Butter at night (£3) and Avon moisturiser in the morning (about £1.50) when it's on offer. Always high SPF sunscreen.