1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Template for School Development/Improvement Plan

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by mrsray, Jul 10, 2012.

1. I was wondering if anyone would mind sharing a template for their school development/improvement plan. I have used the one I inherited in September and adapted it slightly, but would be interested to see how other HTs set theirs out (not the actual content but the headings etc)
    Many thanks
    mrsray@hotmail.co.uk

2. I was wondering if anyone would mind sharing a template for their school development/improvement plan. I have used the one I inherited in September and adapted it slightly, but would be interested to see how other HTs set theirs out (not the actual content but the headings etc)
    Many thanks
    mrsray@hotmail.co.uk

3. We've got a great speaker at our conference, John Morris, HT of the year 2012, who will be sharing his effective SEF.

Find out more at: http://ukheadsup.com/index.php/events-3/

4. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

A sef (or ses as they are often known now) isn't the same as a wsip though.

5. Thank you both...I am okay with my SEF, it's the SIP I was struggling with a bit. I found quite a few examples on school websites though and I have now come up with my own template using headings from a few different ones - it was mainly how to link it to my budget.
    Thank you for replying!

6. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

You're welcome. I don't link mine to the budget- other than I have a cost column and put in brackets which budget it'll be taken out of. Other than that there isn't a link. No one has ever picked me up on it. Audit and ofsted were happy with that format.

7. We had our SFVS audit this week and they picked us up on it...I had already been advised by my bursar to link directly, which is why I was trying to find an easy way to do it! It must vary from county to county.
    Thanks again

8. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

I think it varies from auditor to auditor!

9. I am in a similar situation, and have inherited a long improvement plan, but would really appreciate ways of making it more succinct - would you be happy to share the formats you received?

Thank you!