1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Temperature

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by gavcradd, Jun 9, 2009.

1. gavcradd

gavcradd New commenter

That's ridiculous. Legally, I don't think there's anything that has to be done but you should be pointing out the health and safety problems to your senior team. If they still insist on the silly plan or shutting the computers down then it depends on how militant you are - I'm sure they'd reconsider if you get NO coursework complete and therefore get a 0% pass rate at whatever GCSE equivalent course you run. At the very least you should be warning them that this situation could occur if nothing is done about the temperature situation.

2. djphillips1408

djphillips1408 New commenter

There is not a lot you can do as there is no legal maximum on temperature, however it would eb wise to contact your union rep and ask for guidance to get this solved because your management teams route is naive. Once again I would advise you to get it down in writing from whoever is calling the shots on this one as to what they expect you to do. People often falter when they are asked to put pen to paper. Don't really understand the gripe about not putting the kit in when a couple of these bad boys will do the job for most classrooms and tehy are not exactly expensive to solve the problem.
    air cons units
    You have to get a "professional" in to do them though because you might hurt yourself using an SDS drill and masonary bits to make the holes in the wall big enough. Health and Safety squad at work again.....