1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Telling off my HoD

Discussion in 'Personal' started by captain_picard, Feb 17, 2011.

1. captain_picard

captain_picard New commenter

I had a 20 minute telling off by my HoD this morning, because I sent an angry parent to speak to her on parents' evening. The pupil's parents wanted to make a complaint about the school. I talked to them as best I could, then I told them that if they wanted to take things further they should see the HoD. Apparantly this was 'unprofessional', and the whole meeting was conducted in a way to suggest it was a serious error on my part. I was even told that the Headteacher would be speaking to me about it. Is this fair? Is is not HoD job to deal with angry parents from time to time?

2. captain_picard

captain_picard New commenter

I had a 20 minute telling off by my HoD this morning, because I sent an angry parent to speak to her on parents' evening. The pupil's parents wanted to make a complaint about the school. I talked to them as best I could, then I told them that if they wanted to take things further they should see the HoD. Apparantly this was 'unprofessional', and the whole meeting was conducted in a way to suggest it was a serious error on my part. I was even told that the Headteacher would be speaking to me about it. Is this fair? Is is not HoD job to deal with angry parents from time to time?