1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Tell us what you think about the new draft national curriculum for primary

Discussion in 'Primary' started by gailrobinson, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Hello all,
    We're carrying out a survey designed to give some indication of how much the new draft national curriculum for primary will change what is taught in primary schools.

We'd really appreciate it if you could take a few minutes to complete our survey. Everybody who does will be entered in to a prize draw to win £100 in Amazon vouchers.
    Take our survey now

2. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

that was a bit tricky, as i teach R/1/2. i'm sure lots of the ks2 kids can do a lot of what was asked, but i have enough on my plate knowing what my class can do, never mind the other class. could the survey not have been split down a bit?

3. Completed...but some of the questions needed more than yes/no so just went generally as some of my more able children are taught how to add, subtract, multiply and divide fractions. Think also school size and location may be a factor in whether you would answer yes or no.

4. zannar

zannar New commenter

I found this difficult because different children/cohorts can do different things by the age of 11.
    I had to put 'Don't know' as an answer for a lot of questions because of this.

5. Same here! For example, I have some Year 4s and 5s who can use colons and dashes, etc, accurately. However, I also have some Year 6s who can't.

6. hammie

hammie Lead commenter

why is everyone making such a fuss/worry about it. It will all change once more following the next general election.
    Add it to the pile of national curricula and make a huge bonfire (that reminds me of the end of term song we used to sing!)
    I wonder how much money has been wasted with all the ring binders, printed matter and DVD/CDs. i suppose it gives us all something to talk about at the next INSET and keeps some people in pointless jobs!
    I remember meeting some Japanese and german teachers when the first national curriculum was published. We asked them about their equvalent (which had been in place for years and was mooted as a reason for our needing one) the mimed picking a tome off of a shelf and blowing the dust off!