1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Tell No-one

Discussion in 'Personal' started by tartetatin, May 15, 2011.

1. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

Oh, Mr Tarte and I LOVE a good thriller. Disappointed I missed it. I'll check Sky to see if it's being repeated at any time.

2. It's French - I just hope the Americans never remake it...
    (Maybe they have already - though nothing springs to mind...)

3. Oh, and it was BBC4, if that helps you find it.

4. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

Thanks. French is even better, as mine is a bit rusty. I <strike>am</strike> was (!) secondary MFL and could do with a bit of exposure to the language.

5. Ah well, even better for you, dearie. :)
    It's one of those films where you can't possibly guess what's going to happen. I was hooked. And cried at the end.

6. Thanks for the tip.
    Have you seen Spiral? Also a French thriller on BBC 4. It is very dark and long but I loved it. I am so glad we are beginning to see tv from abroad that is n't American.
    Even an Icelandic comedy series. Anyone else caught that one? What did you think?

7. Thanks for the Spiral tip.

I caught some of the Icelandic show midway through and thought it was Gaelic! The language sounds similar (not that i speak it, but I hear it on tv, being in Scotland)
    Looked quite good, but would have to keep watching to get into it, which I doubt I'll do...

8. Its a great film, didn't see it last night though.

Did you watch The Killing, a Danish detective thing. One of the best TV series I have ever, ever seen. Definitely worth trying to see that if you didn't.

9. The first film looks great - I will def. look out for it. :) I like that actress - she made a wonderful Edith Piaf in La Vie en Rose.

10. inky

inky Lead commenter

I haen'tseen the film but the book is one of Harlan Coben's best.

11. Enjoyed 'La Vie en Rose' as well; she's epitomises French women to me; flirtacious and intelligent, with a sense of fun. Reminds me of the French exchange students from many years ago. They were so sophisticated compared to us poor South London wastrals, we stand a chance.
    Just downloaded 'Tell no one' from iPlayer to view during the week.

12. The book is much better than the film!
    Worth a read!

13. Chica77

Chica77 New commenter

I have all his books i think, they're all really good. I also have Tell No-one in French and have seen the film.

14. I have just bought a dvd of Spiral 1 and 2 plus some other classic French films. I am going on holiday to Portugal soon and I have experienced the joys of Portuguese TV before. So this time I am going prepared.