1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Tell me about your files, NQT's...

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by Radient, Oct 14, 2008.

1. I'm not getting an awful lot of support from my school. My mentor has been too busy to see me for the last two weeks, and my head of year is always so incredibly stressed and busy, I'm sort of left to my own devices...I've just begun to wonder what sort of files I should be keeping as an NQT, as I'm worrying that I'm not doing something I should be, iykwim..
    Can anyone advise me please?

2. I'm not getting an awful lot of support from my school. My mentor has been too busy to see me for the last two weeks, and my head of year is always so incredibly stressed and busy, I'm sort of left to my own devices...I've just begun to wonder what sort of files I should be keeping as an NQT, as I'm worrying that I'm not doing something I should be, iykwim..
    Can anyone advise me please?

3. It doesn't have to be a hefty file. Basically, by now you should have Transition Points 1 & 2 done, and your first lesson obs. If I were you I'd get a copy of the standards in there and tick them off as you meet them. If you leave an email addy I'll send you the proforma we use for this in my school.
    Apart from that, records of any INSET, examples of kids work etc... that's about it.

4. englishtt06

englishtt06 Occasional commenter

First, are you sure you need to keep a file?

In our LEA, no NQTs keep a file of evidence. At best, a few keep a list of training/INSET etc. as a guide for CPD and going through threshold, but that it purely to make your life easier when the time comes....

5. Our LEA is working in partnership with a uni- by keeping a portfolio of the standards and making a reflective commentary, that's the first unit of a masters out of the way.

So, I will, shortly, have a file with stuff in it and a standards evidence thingie- observations, minutes of meetings etc will go in, examples of plans/ evaluations/ kids' work etc

6. hi could i please have a copy of your proforma?

sarah_wall_is@hotmail.co.uk

7. May I have a copy of the proforma? milliejane62@yahoo.co.uk

8. Could somebody please tell me where I could find the standards from. Thanks.

Oh could I also have a copy of your proforma thanks

lucy-rebecca@hotmail.co.uk

9. any chance i could have a copy of the proforma too please?

soxbox1000@hotmail.co.uk

10. Sorry to jump on the bandwagon. Please could I have a copy of the proforma too preschool21@hotmail.co.uk

In reply to the op I haven't had a great deal of support either - a severe lack of NQT time as well!

We were told at the NQT conference that we don't need to evidence every standard like the QTS ones, but if there is a piece of planning, comment, children's piece of work you are pleased with make a note and save a record.

11. vicnqt

vicnqt New commenter

I 2 hav not had much support. I hav had 2 prompt obs and discussions but none as yet so will hopefully done in last week (only teach thurs/fri) It's not 2 bad because my mentor is next door but i'm finding it hard! Hav not had any nqt time yet, was going to be havin it in block e.g. day for obs or training but nothings happened so far! I am struggling with file 2 would be gud if I cud get that proforma my email is victeach@hotmail.co.uk thanks

12. You all have mail.

13. star107

star107 New commenter

Hi

sorry to copy the others, but any chance i could have a copy to? star.107@hotmail.co.uk

thank you very much!

14. Sorry to be so late back to this thread, but could I please have a copy too!
    Thanks so much for your replies.[​IMG]

15. Ooops! I'm so tierd I forgot to put my email addy:
    allgreeny@tiscali.co.uk

Roll on half term!

16. Hi

Please could I ask for a copy of the proforma?

ecmarsh@hotmail.co.uk

Is it something that you put in your CEDP and then you tick off as you think you have met or does the deputy/head/mentor tick them off?

Thank you x

17. I have received my email, thanks lumpy [​IMG]

18. I'm good, but I'm no mind reader. Want to leave an email addy? [​IMG]

19. Oops, saw it - on another page. On its way.