1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teeth!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by kritur, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Anyone else having lots of problems with their teeth?
    I now have 2 broken teeth, one right at the front! My teeth just seem to be crumbling now I'm pregnant. I am also still on the waiting list for an NHS dentist so not like I can get anything done.... Have just done a search and found a dentist in the next town taking on so I hope i can get in there. I am fed up of it and wondering about calcium supplements........

2. NellyFUF

NellyFUF Lead commenter

Yes teeth do break in pregnancy. Old fillings.
    But don't despair, I had five pregnancies and still have all my teeth.
    There might be an emergency dentist in your area, there is here and you will be able to get some help there

3. hhhh

hhhh Lead commenter

Before little uns I had perfect teeth. Now couple of years later have 8 fillings. It sounds bad, in pregnancy, was throwing up constantly and cleaning em made me sick, more acid on them. When I went to the dentist evn tho I explained bout the sickeness she moved the chair around so much it made me throw up even more. Nice eh?
    Ask your GP for help getting a dentist. Can you afford to go private? And I wouldn't take any supplements in preganacy without a midiwfe's say so, but that's just my view.