1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Techy help needed please!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by dagnabit, Jun 23, 2012.

1. dagnabit

dagnabit New commenter

Since we replaced our laptops with ones running windows 7 I have been unable to use my microscope or visualiser (Digi blues are also a bit dicky). I have found forums instructing to download new drivers/software etc but I am still having problems.Running in compatability mode for xp is also suggested but when I select that for the program it causes problems with other programs I use. Any ideas what other options I have? Hate windows 7!!

EDIT - both bits of hardware are supposed to be plug and play.

2. dagnabit

dagnabit New commenter

Since we replaced our laptops with ones running windows 7 I have been unable to use my microscope or visualiser (Digi blues are also a bit dicky). I have found forums instructing to download new drivers/software etc but I am still having problems.Running in compatability mode for xp is also suggested but when I select that for the program it causes problems with other programs I use. Any ideas what other options I have? Hate windows 7!!

EDIT - both bits of hardware are supposed to be plug and play.

3. Envyemerald

Envyemerald New commenter

We moved to windows 7 recently and found that much of our software was not really compatible anymore. However most companies were willing to send us out new drivers/installation disks that were for free.

4. MrGator

MrGator New commenter

We had the same problem - especially with Testbase, Exampro and AQA-Escience. All solved with virtual XP mode! Just make sure you actually open XP mode rather than trying to run inside Windows 7 (windowed).
    This worked for us - good luck!

5. dagnabit

dagnabit New commenter

Thanks Guys. Will try this on Monday. Got nothing to lose!!