1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Technology in The Drama Classroom

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by barithesax, Mar 15, 2012.

1. I would love to hear from anyone who is using technology in the drama classroom - particularly smartphone/tablet/ipad.
    • do you teach using any great apps
    • do you teach using any great software
    • do you blog
    • do your students blog
    • do you use the internet as a resource
    I am a creative arts AST in North Somerset who is trying to build links between colleagues in the county and country who are pioneering the use of technology as a teaching tool.
    Please get in touch or respond if you or a colleague can help.
    www.alisoncooperwhite.co.uk

2. Hi Alison -- I have a wiki page I started on the above: http://carlodramaqueen.wikispaces.com/Ipad+%26+Android+Apps
    And yes I blog, and use Edmodo in the Drama Classrrom, and the internet is essential for finding resources for myself and my studnets.

3. encava

encava New commenter

Hi there,
    I am about to start my Doctorate on exactly this subject and so would be delighted to join in or help in any way - this is a field that needs moving forward.
    Get in touch
    katzen@ntlworld.com

4. Using ICT in the classroom is one of the most popular interview questions I've had to answer. I just wish I could reply
    'a working, up to date laptop would be a good start!'
    Cant take it home, cant play discs on it, can't add programmes to it.....
    How lovely would it be to be able to use tablets and apps and such like!
    :)

5. I would definitely recommend Edmodo. I use that to share videos of the students work with them at home and they can send me assignments I set them in response to the videos. Also you can place your students into 'groups' so they can chat amongst themselves and plan rehearsals. Great tool (and free!)