1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teasing the tattooed

Discussion in 'Personal' started by giraffe, Sep 15, 2012.

1. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

My daughter has a few young college friends with tattoos. Because she has completely wicked sense of fun and an inherent urge to wind people up, she has, on occasion, teased and generally annoyed those with tats on their backs/shoulders...

...Who's Bob Morley?

" 'The Cobblers are cobblers'? hmmm, I thought you were a supporter"

any other ideas?

2. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

When they have a chinese character, tell them it does not mean "peace" or "harmony" or whatever they thought it means, but that it means sweet and sour, or fish sauce.

3. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

Ah, yes, the classic 'menu' tease. Nice one!

4. Or my fav...it means stupid white woman

5. I stood behind a girl for several hours at a festival with a very new 'PHEONIX' tattoo across her shoulders. I was itching to say something.

6. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Are tattoos that different to multiple piercings? All a form of body adornment/mutilation so is there a distinction? Many tattoos can be hidden. Most piercings cannot.

7. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

All those with tattoos should be mocked, and reminded that the soaring dove on the small of their back will, by the time they are 60, look like they have a pterodactyl clawing its way out of their butt crevice.

8. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

It could claw its way back up the multiple piercings...................

9. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

Aww, I really, really didn't want to start an anti-tattoo thread. It was just the jokey teasing that goes on between friends. Some of the loveliest people I know have tats and facial piercing - no offence meant.
    I forgot that tattoo is a minefield topic on TES. Soz!

10. From The Big Bang Theory
    Sheldon: Why do you have the Chinese character for soup tattooed on your shoulder?
    Penny: It doesn't mean soup; it means courage.
    Sheldon: I suppose it does take courage to demonstate that sort of commitment to soup.

11. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Star commenter

But the jewellery can be removed, and the holes will often close up.
    A tattoo will always be a blemish, hidden or not.

12. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Star commenter

It's not nice to mock the afflicted ...