1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Tears of joy, pain, sadness?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by anon4582, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Something hit me harder today than I thought it would...

What was the last thing that made you cry?

2. I cry at the drop of a hat so will probably be of no help

xx

3. Apart from todays silly unexpected burst. Yesterday I watched the Karate Kid remake... had to hold back a few tears and that was o.e shocking remake [​IMG]

4. Horrid People

5. All sorts.
    Gets worse as you get older, I find.

6. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Saturday. Found out that the husband of a lovely old couple I meet while out walking the dog had died.

7. I used to take pride in "I don't cry" and didn't associate it with not coping
    Realised - with help - that crying is a good thing - very good for stress relief and clearing the head so that productive thought can happen and contribute to possible solutions
    I cry fairly readily now - but try not to do it in front of (the wrong) people
    Cried in front of the HT the other day - (didn't mean to - it just fell out) - she was lovely and understanding. Been through a similar process herself.
    Cried today cos very sad that a really good friend I care a lot about is having a tough time but has shut-out everyone and is being "fine" - clearly isn't and won't let anyone help.
    And everyone knows she isn't alright but the shutters are down and she's isolating herself - so sad that she's making herself so unreachable.
    But I know she'll be ok in the end - she's just cpoing in her own way - wish I culd help and it hurts when I can't

Em

8. You sound like you are a good friend to care for her.

I don't know her circumstances but shutting off seems easier than letting people in. It's easier to be strong and cope by being 'fine' around others because otherwise letting down a barrier could release the biggest flood. It's also difficult to work out the boundary, asking or accepting help snd then there's getting on peoples nerves.. sometimes it then feels easier to do it alone. Then you can't get in the way, albeit lonely! I hope you break into the barrier she's built.

9. I cried the other day when I got a horrible letter from a parent. I was feeling tired and stressed anyway, so to get something like that after working so hard made me feel really undervalued and unappreciated.

10. Ahh CC try not to let it upset you, easier said than done I know. Just think about the other 20+ parents of kids in your class who haven't been complaining. Majority of people tend to give off when there's something they feel agrieved about but when things are going well you quite often hear nothing so try and put it into perspective. Roll on Summer holidays!
    I've shed more tears of late but that's been down to feeling poorly and not having a very sypathetic/proactive gp who's willing to help. Think it may be time to find a new one.

11. Until my Mum died, I rarely cried.
    Since then, I cry at lots of things. Happy things, sad things, infuriating things, silly things. Even about myself.
    Never in front of anybody else though.
    And I have never, ever cried at work.
    I am not sure how I control it - somehow I do.